Christopher Bouzy
A
I would never sell to someone like Elon. I didn't launch Spoutible to make a lot of money quick, and it's one of the reasons why I am avoiding VCs.
Valda DeDieu @AuthorValdaDedieu
So blame person who divested themselves of a (collective) creation; but actual destructor gets a pass?

Love your dysfunction on display here.

If @cBouzy sells (#GoddessForbid) #Spoutible to fucking narcissist after due diligence, he's responsible dickhead's acts?

VP NOT same as an investor.
12:38 PM - May 11, 2023
12:55 PM - May 11, 2023
Dot
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Can confirm. I remember you first mentioned creating your own platform offhandedly and seemed kind of surprised by the interest.
09:43 PM - May 11, 2023
Valda DeDieu
A
I didn't think you'd sell. 200K of us believed in you and you delivered. There's never been a time you said something that you either 1. Didn't deliver 2. Clarify why said delivery didn't take place.

I gave an extreme example for illustration. I blame #ElonMusk for #elon 's actions - not #Jack .
05:03 PM - May 11, 2023 (Edited)
Thunderschnozzle
A
On a related note, hey @cbouzy , do you think that a Wikipedia-like user-contribution model will be able to fully sustain #Spoutible once the user base grows into the 10s (and maybe, date we dream, 100s) of millions?
01:51 PM - May 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to Thunderschnozzle.
Probably not.
06:27 PM - May 11, 2023
HeartDoc Andrew
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
01:44 PM - May 11, 2023
Connell McGrath
A
I appreciate that!
01:20 PM - May 11, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
Have you considered any safeguards around a post-Bouzy Spoutible? A b-corp? A business model that doesn’t include advertising? Something else?

I don’t need a response. Im just nervous that relying on the good will and judgment of who you sell to (and who they sell to) is a rickety guard rail.
01:03 PM - May 11, 2023
PhoenixWomanMN
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
A business model that relies on advertising is one of the best protections against a Trelane type owning Spoutible. Quality advertisers have fled Twitter because they don't want to soil their brands being associated with it.
01:06 PM - May 11, 2023
Dot
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
He wouldn’t sell to someone unless he was very confident in them. Christopher is very shrewd and very thorough.
09:55 PM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}