Christopher Bouzy
A
I would never sell to someone like Elon. I didn't launch Spoutible to make a lot of money quick, and it's one of the reasons why I am avoiding VCs.
Valda DeDieu @AuthorValdaDedieu
So blame person who divested themselves of a (collective) creation; but actual destructor gets a pass?

Love your dysfunction on display here.

If @cBouzy sells (#GoddessForbid) #Spoutible to fucking narcissist after due diligence, he's responsible dickhead's acts?

VP NOT same as an investor.
12:38 PM - May 11, 2023
12:55 PM - May 11, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Have you considered any safeguards around a post-Bouzy Spoutible? A b-corp? A business model that doesn’t include advertising? Something else?

I don’t need a response. Im just nervous that relying on the good will and judgment of who you sell to (and who they sell to) is a rickety guard rail.
01:03 PM - May 11, 2023
PhoenixWomanMN
A
A business model that relies on advertising is one of the best protections against a Trelane type owning Spoutible. Quality advertisers have fled Twitter because they don't want to soil their brands being associated with it.
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
01:06 PM - May 11, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to PhoenixWomanMN.
Not sure I agree. When a product is "free," then it's your attention that is the valuable commodity. That's the advertising model. Once the game becomes "let's get as much of your attention as possible" then other values quickly get compromised. That's what I've seen with FB, Twitter, Google...
01:29 PM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}