Anthony Lee
A
It is much easier to listen to people who are gentle, patient, kind, and positive than to people who are harsh, impatient, mean, and negative.

If we want others to listen to us, the way to do it seems to be a no-brainer. We should be gentle, patient, kind, and positive when communicating. Right? 🙂
04:00 PM - May 18, 2023
John Worner
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Your right...It's a no-brainer.
01:05 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
It depends on the situation. To this day women are told to be nice, not make waves or a fuss. If you can make yourself heard by being nice, calm, great. If you need to be louder, or a bit harsher fine. Internet stuff does not work as well as face-to-face. People stop listening when yelled at.
06:31 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Lisa K. "Guardian of Radical Visions"
A
In general I agree, but when that means tone policing someone whose voice is never allowed to be heard it is problematic.
01:12 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
Demanding that people protesting injustice in a such as way as to not offend those imposing such injustices is being complicit in the systems that keep historic problems from ever being addressed.

Demanding civility in response to facism aids fascism.

This approach is a part of the problem.
04:10 PM - May 18, 2023
Matlock
A
True. On the internet, people don't care how right you are if you're annoying. (This is bad news for me)
04:01 PM - May 18, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Matlock.
I'm not here for that kind of internet.
04:07 PM - May 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}