Greg Dickson
A
thread 1/5
What will help #Spoutible successfully create a real caring, connected community is the #Spoutible team has done everything in their power to give us control over our own experience on this platform.

It’s up to us what we do with this opportunity.

Can we #echo this to welcome new people?
09:58 PM - Feb 05, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
thread 2/5
#Spoutible has given us the tools and resources to allow us to create our own experience. It is up to us.

This platform requires a LOT more intention, engagement and trusting and dialogue with others.

There are real, real people here.
11:45 AM - May 04, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
thread 3/5
To create a positive experience here we need to be accountable, intentional in who we follow, the topics, we post what we're gonna choose to advocate for.

IMO, you get what you put out (invest yourself in) here on #Spoutible
11:47 AM - May 04, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
thread 4/5
This is a good thing. Cause this platform mimics real life.

You are the algorithm.

If you don't like watching your timeline and invest some more time, searching and engaging with people to find your "pod".
11:48 AM - May 04, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
thread 5/5
Thread summaries, another first and a feature I use. Sometimes, I use it to scan threads when I’m short of time.

News: Being able to select which news sources show up in my feed is phenomenal.

Group Chat: was not something I expected and have yet to use. That said, I can see it being useful
09:19 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Susan Lankford
A
Agree, although I want everyone to have access.

I’m actually more concerned that @cbouzy creates some kind of profitable model. OK with me if it’s (carefully selected) ads. He deserves to profit from his expertise and sticking his neck out. The man of the hour.
In response to Mary OContrary.
08:29 AM - Feb 13, 2023
Insley James
A
In response to Susan Lankford.
Agree. Last time I visited X, the first thing I saw was a HUGE ad for Amazombie. It felt like an assault. When I ran a community radio station, I was extremely picky re: the environmental/social justice ethics of potential advertising businesses. Informative adverts, not manipulative, please.
07:26 AM - Aug 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}