Mary OContrary
A
Although the song Hallelujah has biblical references, it isn’t about religion at all. I was surprised to learn it’s actually about sex and romance.

Many have tried yet no one sings it better than #Pentatonix . Their vocals in this give me the chills.

#SpoutingClassics
Pentatonix - Hallelujah (Official Video) - YouTube

NEW ALBUM “HOLIDAYS AROUND THE WORLD” OUT NOW! https://pentatonix.lnk.to/HATWNEW HOLIDAY SONGS & REIMAGINED CLASSICS WITH 10 GLOBAL SUPERSTARS INCLUDING MEGH...

02:43 PM - Jun 03, 2023 (Edited)
JustJaneen
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Pentatonix is one of my favorite groups!
03:14 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
#Pentatonix is truly amazing. Their version of The Sound of Silence is another one that gives me chills.

I remember reading these lyrics as poetry in an English Literature class in high school.

I wonder what Paul Simon thinks of this version almost 60 yrs later?

#SpoutingClassics
Pentatonix - The Sound of Silence (Official Video) - YouTube

Official Music Video for “The Sound of Silence” by PentatonixListen to Pentatonix: https://Pentatonix.lnk.to/listenYDWatch More Videos by Pentatonix: https:/...

In response to JustJaneen.
03:25 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
One of my favorite bands - Disturbed, also does a version of this song that I find hauntingly beautiful.

I posted it a few weeks back during #SpoutingClassics .

It's a phenomenal song, which is why people still sing it.
02:34 AM - Jun 04, 2023
LA Shutterbug
A
Thanks! You made me listen to it ☺. Truly is an awesome version.
05:35 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Agent Of Change
A
I imagine he might cry. Thank you so much for sharing! This rendition is so richly tonal and expands on the lyrical journey that Simon intended when I first heard it so many years ago. 💓
03:56 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Agent Of Change.
I think so, too. I sure hope he’s seen this.
04:00 PM - Jun 03, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
I think he'd enjoy it. The Sounds of Silence is one Simon and Garfunkel's best songs. Though, I'm familiar with the Electric version of the song that a radio DJ had commissioned, and it took off like a rocket. Also Acapella is a cool music form too.
03:53 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
I never really knew what Acapella was until I discovered this group (was not naturally gifted with musical talent so I never studied it in school).

I would love to hear the electric version of The Sounds of Silence you mentioned. Have likely heard it before but years ago and have forgotten.
05:44 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Sandra MG
A
Love this! Thank you for sharing!
03:43 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Sandra MG.
You’re welcome.
03:45 PM - Jun 03, 2023
André Ware
A
I haven't heard a cover by Pentatonix that isn't a joy to the ears but you're right, this & Hallelujah are amazing!
03:42 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to André Ware.
Glad you are enjoying them.

“Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time.” – Jean-Michel Basquiat
03:45 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I had never heard of this group before. Wonderful rendition.
03:40 PM - Jun 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
I first learned of them myself just a couple of years ago. Have tix to see them in concert in September and can’t wait.
03:42 PM - Jun 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}