Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 1/8
This is the way: Your timeline is your own creation there is no Algorithm so you need to Follow, Spout, Echo, Quote Echo & follow back. You will gain like minded followers this way and your timeline will grow rapidly. I have been here 12+ weeks have 1600 followers and a AMAZING timeline. It works!
07:56 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 2/8
The whole idea is about engagement. The more you engage the more diverse your timeline and you will find more follows and followers.
Tips:
1. Add and picture and a Banner your choice
2. Create a interesting Bio
3. Spout, Quote, Echo Say something to get our attention.

Most of us who have been here
08:00 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 3/8
awhile want to get to know you before we follow back.
Personally I have many new followers over the last couple weeks that have
0 Spouts
No Bio or does not tell me anything about you
No Picture of any kind, A pic can say a lot
No Banner, Look at mine 1 Guess what I am interested in.
08:04 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 4/8
So if want to gain followers tell us about yourself. A few words mean a lot, don't be shy. If you find a interesting conversation jump right in and say what's on your mind. It's OK!
Have a thought spout it and if it goes nowhere keep at it. I have many spouts that go nowhere and that's just fine.
08:21 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 5/8
There has been a lot of talk about engagement lately, or lack of it. Thing is engagement is a two way street, don’t expect someone you just followed to reach out. If you are brand new spout something first. If you want to lurk you are welcome to do just that we don’t mind. But don’t fall into the
03:49 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 6/8
trap of complaining about lack of engagement when you have really made no effort yourself.
We are a friendly and welcoming bunch and we want you to participate, we want you to jump into conversations, we actually want to hear what you have to say. Lately to many have spouted about lack of engagement
03:49 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 7/8
and said the platform is not for them. When you check their account they have few follows, few followers and very few spouts, echo’s or quote’s, so no engagement on their part. So, we have come full circle back to that two-way street I mentioned, take a leap of faith join a conversation or
03:50 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 8/8
better yet start one yourself. There are many subjects floating around, Food, Gardening, Music, Politics, Pride. Use the Explore feature search key words and hash tags you will find subjects that interest you and you will have no problem with engagement.
This is the way!
03:50 PM - Jun 15, 2023
1984 ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
Nice thread and I agree completely. I don't tend to follow back when someone has zero spouts or comments - I know some people just like to lurk and I don't judge, but I want my follow list to have a pulse :)
12:31 AM - Jul 04, 2023
Jo
A
Very kind of you to offer such helpful advice. Thank you.
07:46 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Jo.
Your welcome
I am just paying it forward.
I had many kind people help me get started and I have made many new friends, really good people I interact with every day.
07:55 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jim Miles
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:33 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Jim Miles.
Yeah I couldn't help myself with that one.
Kinda been my tag line since day one here
07:34 PM - Jun 13, 2023
ML Hart
A
Great thread - yes, it works

- Be sure to mix in some original spouts, not *only* echoes
- When you include an image, please take a moment to add ALT text so screen reader software can help blind and low-sight users share in the experience (here's a guide)
11:55 AM - Jun 10, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to ML Hart.
Great advice
I have sub-spouted about "alt text" many times
Many do not understand it and other are just to lazy.
This is how we become more inclusive and what makes this sight better.
I equate alt text to me taking my glasses off, if I don't use them I would need a text reader.
12:13 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Silke Spoutista
A
It does indeed work! Putting the time and work into gathering your people to you give you an exciting timeline and new folks to meet exponentially. Because You are interacting with actual people not some speed friending algorithm. 🤓
08:00 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to Silke Spoutista.
The work is not that hard and it does pay off.
Just look at the engagement by updating my pinned spout this morning.
Took me all of 5 minutes while drinking my coffee getting ready to start my work day.
Now I am late
08:06 AM - Jun 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}