Brendan Koerner
A
Too much great journalism slips through the cracks because it's published on lesser-known platforms. This story is a case in point: A rich and nuanced profile of a 25-year-old tribal chief who's using his scientific chops to protect his ancestral lands.
09:18 AM - May 23, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Brendan Koerner.
you’re the guy who wrote that wired piece about how spoutible doesn’t give you that thrill you got from 1 tweet 15 or so years ago ago, right?
11:11 AM - Jun 07, 2023
Brendan Koerner
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I am, indeed. Though I'd characterize my point slightly differently: I think it'll be tough, if not impossible, for any platform to replicate the spirit of early Twitter. That doesn't mean we're all fated to give up social media; we just might have to re-set our expectations and seek new joys.
12:16 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
hmm. i can’t relate to the concept of social media meeting my emotional needs. also felt a bit like a hit piece. for example, that lawyer who offered to “help” chris was out of line & smelled of racism to the rafters. you either ignored or were oblivious to it. disturbing either way.
12:38 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Brendan Koerner
A
I'm sorry the story didn't work for you. But not sure how you can assert that I ignored the allegations of racism levied during the Romancelandia controversy. I mention it twice in the space of just a few paragraphs, including in Bouzy's own words.
12:51 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
i don’t really see either of those sections contradicting me. yes, some people hit her back & cb told her off, but i don’t see how this is an acknowledgment of the deep racism at play; you paint it more like a he said-she said conflict with no deeper meaning. you might see it as editorial
12:57 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
detachment, but you can maintain this detachment while still acknowledging this as as classic white savior behavior.
01:00 PM - Jun 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}