Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
In the Wired profile, Brendan Koerner wrote, "I often felt like I was spouting into the void." I decided to compare his recent spouts vs. tweets and only compared spouts I did not echo. So with only 570 followers on Spoutible, Brendan's engagement was similar to Twitter's, with 12,467 followers.
07:13 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So even with considerably fewer followers, significantly fewer active users, and no algorithm, Brendan still received similar engagement to Twitter. I would also like to note Brendan hasn't tweeted since last year.
07:25 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I would love to see an honest assessment of Spoutible and her community vs. Twitter and other alternatives. I look forward to reading a piece from a journalist who will write about what we got right, what we got wrong, and how we can do better.
07:33 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
Honest feedback isn't easy when every criticism gets dog piled by your fans. Engagement isn't great here compared to some other platforms and I'm putting a lot into it. Spouts get bounced around like a beach ball at a festival for a while, then disappear forever. Hard to build long term engagement.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
08:44 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Queen Of All I Survey
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
Microwave society and fast feedback got folks in their feelings when they aren’t getting the immediate gratification they need, Look inward you’ll find solutions.
02:19 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
It’s interesting (and I literally mean interesting) that you criticized something but view criticism of your criticism as dog piling rather than individuals each providing their own critique of your criticism. It could be viewed as the start of a conversation.
01:06 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
In response to Pamela.
I never referred to this particular interaction as a dog pile. But I’ve seen others crucified for not claiming this is the best social network to ever grace the Earth. Sorry, I watched it grow and am now watching it decline.
08:50 AM - Jun 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}