John Haakenson
A
thread 1/2
I’m pleased the indictments of Trump have finally occurred but the assignment of Aileen Connors to the case is mind numbingly insane. Judge assignment’s are “random” but if there was ever a train wreck in the making, this is an obvious one. The 11th Circuit should have stepped in proactively.
09:44 AM - Jun 11, 2023 (Edited)
John Haakenson
A
thread 2/2
Certainly that could have been applied before with the Special Prosecutor mess but wasn’t. I don’t think the legal system has anything like that. It’s not often that a judge at any level covers a trial of the person who appointed them. Common sense suggest it’s a conflict of interest.
12:41 PM - Jun 11, 2023
CK. DexterHaven
A
In response to John Haakenson.
There’s an interesting judicial process/fairness issue that pops up at this level. Do you automatically have to recuse yourself from a case if the defendant is the person who appointed you?
09:46 AM - Jun 11, 2023
John Haakenson
A
thread 1/2
Certainly that could have been applied before with the Special Prosecutor mess but wasn’t. I don’t think the legal system has anything like that. It’s not often that a judge at any level covers a trial of the person who appointed them. Common sense suggest it’s a conflict of interest.
12:41 PM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}