Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
In the Wired profile, Brendan Koerner wrote, "I often felt like I was spouting into the void." I decided to compare his recent spouts vs. tweets and only compared spouts I did not echo. So with only 570 followers on Spoutible, Brendan's engagement was similar to Twitter's, with 12,467 followers.
07:13 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So even with considerably fewer followers, significantly fewer active users, and no algorithm, Brendan still received similar engagement to Twitter. I would also like to note Brendan hasn't tweeted since last year.
07:25 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I would love to see an honest assessment of Spoutible and her community vs. Twitter and other alternatives. I look forward to reading a piece from a journalist who will write about what we got right, what we got wrong, and how we can do better.
07:33 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Marc Cowin
A
Honestly, what you and your team have done here is nothing short of magical given the time line...let's stop seeing this as an alternative to the the bird site (or constant comparisons to it), and let's promote it for what it is - a fresh, unique, way to be on social media without the hate.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
10:57 PM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}