Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/4
A significant number of people here are not only emotionally invested in Spoutible, but they are also financially invested through donations. When someone criticizes the platform, some feel it is an attack on something they love.
10:50 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/4
Targeted harassment and abuse will never be tolerated here, but as I stated yesterday and in several Spaces, passionate exchanges and spirited debates are allowed on this platform. We are not trying to stop people from freely expressing themselves as long as they don't violate our rules.
10:57 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/4
Unless the replies violate our rules, we will not suspend users for replying to one person because of something they spouted. If someone feels a reply to their spout crosses the line, they can delete the reply. If they feel a quoted spout crosses the line, they can block the person.
11:08 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/4
Unfortunately, there will be people who create accounts for the sole purpose of trying to get a reaction from the community, so they can then complain about it on other platforms. My best advice is just to ignore these individuals.
11:19 AM - Jun 14, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
This remains imo the one Spoutible major flaw/wrong design choice, because it enables bad actors to cover their tracks by invalidly deleting valid and unobjectionable replies by others, not just their own product:
"If someone feels a reply to their spout crosses the line, they can delete the reply."
10:42 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
In response to O Aguabonita.
As someone who has been trolled on this site, I think that the ability to delete replies is a plus, and I hope #Spoutible keeps it. Trolling is rare here, but it has happened, and as this site grows will happen again.
01:52 PM - Jun 17, 2023 (Edited)
Pamela B'well
A
I’d like something less than blocking regarding quote-spouts. Blocking is necessary in some cases, and I am grateful for the option, but sometimes it’s more than is needed.

We should be able to pull back a mischaracterized use of our own spouts, much the same as deleting a reply that’s off-base.
03:15 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Utar Dolt
A
My friends and I have always traded playful jabs, it is hilarious. My Spoutible fear is tattletales will use rules to suck humor out of this wonderful place.💞
03:07 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
I think it is also possible to submit a report on the spout that offends you. If there are enough reports, I believe Spoutible would take any appropriate action to remedy the issue.
12:58 PM - Jun 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}