Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/4
A significant number of people here are not only emotionally invested in Spoutible, but they are also financially invested through donations. When someone criticizes the platform, some feel it is an attack on something they love.
10:50 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/4
Targeted harassment and abuse will never be tolerated here, but as I stated yesterday and in several Spaces, passionate exchanges and spirited debates are allowed on this platform. We are not trying to stop people from freely expressing themselves as long as they don't violate our rules.
10:57 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/4
Unless the replies violate our rules, we will not suspend users for replying to one person because of something they spouted. If someone feels a reply to their spout crosses the line, they can delete the reply. If they feel a quoted spout crosses the line, they can block the person.
11:08 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/4
Unfortunately, there will be people who create accounts for the sole purpose of trying to get a reaction from the community, so they can then complain about it on other platforms. My best advice is just to ignore these individuals.
11:19 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Kenyan Hicks
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
There has been way less ice cream cake on this app than I thought there would be. Not sure if that's something I should take up with you here, or with the Canadians?
02:17 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Sammie Tate
B
There is a button they can push that bloxks people and there is a way for them to show themselves out. They can say, “bye” anytime they feel they need to.
09:45 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Dennis A
A
In my opinion the swarming pile-on behavior is becoming an issue here. It's pretty much the only bad social media behavior that we are not protected against. When you quote spout someone, you can send lots of negative attention their way. So much so that they leave.
05:25 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dennis A.
This may be true (I haven't seen it much myself, but am sure it happens sometimes). But I'm also not sure how you prevent that without stifling positive interactions as well.

Not everything can be resolved by rule. Some things simply require people to use their own good judgement.
09:38 PM - Jun 14, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
To be honest, I find #Spoutible to the best social media around. People can and do participate here because we are a friendly and welcoming place to hangout. Without the fear of being cruelly responded to. Or having a troll army gang up. I haven't blocked anyone here. All are welcome on my tab 😉🍻
01:47 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Jean Clark
A
I love being here. But I quote spout and spout less often than I’d like because of some of the glitchy things like the frozen keyboard and slow response going to notifications and back to timeline. Hoping it will be easier in the app. 🤞this is now the only social media platform I use. I’m all in!
12:04 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Newmi Dread
A
In response to Jean Clark.
Use your cell phone, it may solve your issues for now.
12:18 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Mary Losch
A
In response to Jean Clark.
Same. Once I can return to the same spot in the timeline where I left off, I will be more engaged. Being taken to the top of the timeline every time I move off of it I to a spout is a deterrent for me to do anything but read from top to bottom.
03:48 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Eve_Gadgets
A
This is really no different than what we (well definitely me) encounter in other interactions throughout the day they can be Incidental, brief, mundane, in-depth, intense, supportive, enlightening, frustrating, upsetting... and we make conscious decisions on how to deal with it...
11:28 AM - Jun 14, 2023 (Edited)
Phred
A
Yep. And I’m confident that enough quirks have been handled to now add additional ones.
Sometimes this odd box pops up as I scroll down the page or move to the next page. Currently on my iPad. I can’t remember if it happens on my iPhone too. How to I get rid of the box? See attached screenshot.
11:01 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to Phred.
Refresh?😄
11:25 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Spark Bibo
A
Yep. But some of us criticize the platform BECAUSE we are invested. We love it. We have high hopes. Higher expectations. We want to see it take off and soar. And that won’t happen if we just Fanboi all day long and never speak the truth. I leave that to trump supporters and marvel fans.
11:01 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Simon Sands
A
In response to Spark Bibo.
I like the Trump and Marvel fans part...LOL...why...because I am Zack Snyder DC all day long...LOL..
12:11 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I do. I know that is not what I maybe should feel. Some will cause a fuss because they enjoy that and the fallout. Some have valid concerns, it is all the way it is put.
10:52 AM - Jun 14, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}