Michael J Sheridan
A
Ford's pardon of Nixon didn't heal the country.

It covered over the rot in the Republican party and left it to fester for 50 years.

To heal the nation, we must cut that corruption from our body politic, and that starts with holding Trump and every GOP co-conspirator accountable.
John Gilman @JohnBGilman
The growing mainstream media hysteria to pardon Trump to "heal the country" is so dumb. To heal the country the the virus must be cured with long prison sentences, for Trump & all of his GOP co-conspirators. Then we can heal...
09:25 AM - Jun 17, 2023
09:40 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
Lincoln tried that "to heal the country" strategy. It got him killed and we are still dealing with these confederates.
07:48 AM - Nov 20, 2023

@MSheridan62 deleted this reply.

05:58 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Johanna Bright - Gill
B
Take note the pardon's only for no45. It's just another effort to rile up his followers, keep them incensed so that when he loses & he will he can do what he did on 1/6 & they're all for it. Even his lawyers who use the law as a pop up slogan & a # are guilty.
I can't wait to see him perp walk.
01:46 AM - Nov 20, 2023
John Haakenson
A
This is exactly correct. It became a get out of jail free card President too.
07:39 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Jay D
A
Nixon’s pardon, Iran-Contra for Reagan, lying us into war for Bush, and 2 impeachable offenses for Trump…none of it ever led to accountability. How can anyone say that was good for America?
11:32 AM - Jun 18, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
Exactly. I've been saying this for years. If Nixon had died in prison for his crimes, as he should have, we might not have the rotten people infecting our political discourse now. When consequences are public, they have an affect.
11:28 AM - Jun 18, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to Michael Allbritton.
The number of people who were part of Nixon's admin and conspiracy who ended up in the Shrub's admin was amazing.
11:50 AM - Jun 18, 2023
Iz Here
A
Exactly correct. To heal the country we restore the rule of law & follow the rule: Felons get indicted, prosecuted, convicted, & emprisoned no matter who the fuck they are or what their name is without fear or favor.
03:40 AM - Jun 18, 2023
DJ Whitlock
A
I was thinking about this the other night. Ford’s pardon didn’t heal the country at all. It allowed the rot to go deeper and started us down the path to where we are now. Now we have another chance and we need to carry through. The ride will be tough at first but it’s the best for the country.
07:56 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Paula Beard
B
I remember. At the time, I thought it was shameful and that it was terribly wrong.
07:52 PM - Jun 17, 2023
PS Annie
A
Couldn't agree more.
07:51 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Ground Control
A
I'm fairly certain that's on the DOJ agenda. A direct attack on the capital deserves nothing less.
10:38 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Darlene Pytlinski
B
Holding people accountable stops the rot.
10:26 AM - Jun 17, 2023
M G
B
Absolutely correct. Ex Republican here!
10:15 AM - Jun 17, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
Every bit of THIS.
10:14 AM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}