Amy P
A
Teachers do not get paid over the summer. Many stretch their paycheck out over 12 months, but it’s not “paid vacation time”. Also, the teachers I know* don’t teach because it’s the only thing they can do - they just decided their life’s work is making a difference to the next generation.
King Lavender-licous @BMWillz
What's one misconception about your community/demographic that you'd like to clear up?

What's one thing, above all else, you would like others to walk away knowing.

Please respond by quoting. The information is too important to hide in the comments. I and others will echo.
01:56 PM - Jun 17, 2023
03:05 PM - Jun 17, 2023 (Edited)
Laura Vaughn
A
In response to Amy P.
I’ve known a number of teachers (once thought I’d be one) and it’s astounding to me that we as a society don’t make teaching the most valuable profession. I don’t have kids, but do we really want to build our empire on toothpick salaries?
07:32 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Used ToBeGop
B
In response to Amy P.
MANY teachers are also paying for "required" education courses during the summer. IMHO, Teachers are required to have as much education as a lawyer but make a fraction of their wages.
03:41 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Ocean Moon
A
In response to Amy P.
As a teacher, I seldom had time to eat lunch.
03:22 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
In response to Amy P.
thank you !
03:14 PM - Jun 17, 2023
TJ 1010333
A
In response to Amy P.
This is definitely a misconception I agree with. We are 10 month employees, which is why school districts cannot dictate our summer time activities.
03:12 PM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}