Mary Locker
A
It's the "my way or the highway" thinking. Most seem to be proudly uncompromising, and that isn't how you get things done in Government. If their candidate gets no traction, they go after the centrist Dem leader like piranhas and support a 3rd party. Racists elected Trump. The far left enabled it.
Ronald Alexander @djchefron
I just have a question and I don't mean any disrespect or want to get into a fight but exactly what policies does the "far left" support that a large majority of the American people don't support? Because I am truly confused about this
09:17 AM - Jun 19, 2023
09:40 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Sarah Daniel
A
In response to Mary Locker.
True. It's not the policies, it's the warlike refusal to allow for a variety of opinions about ways and means.
06:52 AM - Jun 23, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Sarah Daniel.
Precisely. I care about what my tax dollars are buying. I want the actual progress that the Biden administration has produced. I have no patience for those who say, "I want X, Y and Z", and then go vote for some can't-win 3rd party when our candidate says, "I can only get X passed at this time"
06:27 PM - Jun 23, 2023
Archie Leach
A
Nah. So-called centrist dems like to throw around terms like extremist and radical when someone on their side suggests policies and positions that are very reasonable and which were formerly centrist positions before the post-Reagan pro-corporate righward shift. Radical centrists need to make room.
05:12 AM - Jun 23, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Archie Leach.
If you look at recent history, you'll see that moderation builds coalition and consensus. That leads to things getting done. Far left OR right policies make a lot of news and a lot of noise, but don't end up making a lot of laws. I prefer the government that I hired with my taxes to work for me.
06:18 PM - Jun 23, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
Define "far left."
06:15 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
I have less a definition than a description of behaviors.
Speaking for "the people" without a clue as to how diverse US citizens and their needs are.
Rejecting all moderate voices as "selling out".
Working against practical good to satisfy some purity code.
Insisting this is "principled".
07:52 PM - Jun 19, 2023 (Edited)
Barb says Ignore the polls
A
Exactly if it's all or nothing, a lot of times you get nothing.
12:29 PM - Jun 19, 2023
9Gen
A
I mean...

Their *candidate* was celebrating the 10th anniversary of Russia Today in Moscow in December 2015 with some pretty nefarious far right evildoers.

Actions speak louder than words.
09:58 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to 9Gen.
And, if I remember correctly, this photo wasn't hidden until after the election. It was out there, and they knew, but were in "burn it all down" mode. I believe Susan Sarandon may have actually used that phrase.
10:07 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
In response to 9Gen.
I am "far left" (by my own definition, maybe not the same as yours), and Jill Stein was ***NOT*** "my candidate."
06:19 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Socio-gen
A
I think you've hit the nail on the head. It isn't their ideas and ideals that people don't support, but the rigidity of their stance and their unwillingness to compromise even slightly, even if (or especially if?) it results in GOP wins.
09:54 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Socio-gen.
It infuriates me. I will never forgive them for their disgraceful display at the 2016 convention, for Jill Stein and for being denied the good that would have been the Hilary Presidency. The losses were theirs to live with, as well. And still, many are going after Biden. They never learn.
10:00 AM - Jun 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}