Read aBannedBook
A
You guys know that Prigozhin is not a good guy, right? He helped get TFG elected and his group is accused of serious human rights abuses including torture.
12:59 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Oh, indeed. Nor does the target of this little mutiny seem to be Putin but rather Defense Minister Shoigu, whom Prigohzin likely blames for all those men he lost in Bakhmut.
09:47 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Sigrid Wilde
A
I find myself listening to this with the same abject horror I did January 6th. Will the Russian people rise up and overthrow these autocrats or is the disparity between them too large?

There window for a good outcome is so small.
02:11 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Sydney the Ninth
A
I saw a line in a BBC article pointing out that Moscow was forcing all mercenaries fighting in Ukraine to come under the army's control by July 1st. This isn't a principled stand, just one sociopath not wanting to lose his loyal killers to another sociopath.
02:02 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Marvin Cummings
A
I'll take 'others who think Putin has gotten soft and sees this as an opportunity to install a guy willing to inflict more damage ' for $500 Alex.
01:54 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Aly C
A
Definitely not a time where “the enemy of my enemy is a friend” is in any way close to true. They’re both enemies. Both wanted on war crimes. And both anti-America as we know it. Perhaps our best hope is that they perhaps rub each other out in the melee. 🤷🏼‍♀️
01:44 PM - Jun 24, 2023
John Haakenson
A
Agreed, he ain’t no saint. I know many of us here are watching reports fro Russia with great interest. But with this going on, risks across the board increase because nobody know what will happen once this event is resolved. Could be better, or worse. Best to have no hopes, just watch.
01:43 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Camara Reed she/her/we/us
A
He’s just as bad as vlad. Could be worse. 🤷🏾‍♀️
01:40 PM - Jun 24, 2023
David James
A
He is certainly not going to release Navalny, allow free elections or anything else if he gets into power. The Russian people as a whole will be no better off under Prigozhin than under Putin.
01:37 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
This is interesting to observe, if Russia implodes does that increase or decrease the risk of war spreading?

Plus a nuclear mistake could disastrous.
01:35 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
Russia is a long way from imploding, though. Putin is weakened but would be replaced with a willing tool. And should Prigozhin succeed (not too sure about that...), things would get worse. This is just about power. Macchiavelli, basically.
02:15 PM - Jun 24, 2023
I’mthatgurl @lahdidahbaby
A
In response to Greg Dickson.
My guess: instability increases chance of continued warfare and nuclear disaster. 🫣
02:57 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
But he looks so cheery and kind and cuddly 😅🤣😆
01:05 PM - Jun 24, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Sarah Apfel.
He looks like Mike on Better Call Saul.
01:12 PM - Jun 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}