AuDHDeepDive
A
Companies knew the mandated return to the office would cause some attrition...however, they were not prepared..."

"nearly half (42%) of companies that mandated office returns witnessed a higher level of employee attrition than they had anticipated."
04:24 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Allison Cotton
A
In response to AuDHDeepDive.
There is absolutely no reason to go back to all in person, all the time schedules. And employees are right to leave when they see this happening. I'm glad there are surveys to prove it!
09:59 AM - Jan 21, 2024
Robin Basham
A
Great article. We’ve been chatting about it on LinkedIn too.
03:22 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Jeannie Moonbeam
A
My company owns 2 buildings downtown but at least is trying to compromise stating that if you come in less than 3 days a week, you don't get a permanent office. I was "this" close to doing that but then realized as an engineer I have a lot of eng parts I need to store and actually need an office.
01:38 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Carrie Lewis
A
I am not surprised by this in the least! We are more productive and do not have to deal with rush hour! Win-win.
11:33 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Socio-gen
A
The folks trying to force everyone back to the office:

My son just turned down a 6-figure job offer because they won't compromise on remote work. His current job is 4 days remote-1 office (and the one is employee's choice), and he says the higher pay would only just cover the higher fuel costs.
09:52 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
I'd consider a job where I had to come in one a week for the right pay and if it somehow beat out my current job on pay and passion for the project, but it would have to be impressive on both fronts. Only things I do in an office setting is write and meetings, both better remote IMO
08:25 AM - Jun 29, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Jay D
A
My company is forcing us back 3X per week because of ‘culture’ or something. Employee engagement scores were the highest ever when we were remote. And I don’t believe senior executives care about the young employees needing to network. It’s all about reinforcing a certain power structure.
08:04 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Eddie Sangalang
A
In response to Jay D.
I noticed mediocre managers sometimes don't trust their employees and think they'll just goof off if they can't pop up by surprise to make sure they're working, which they can't do that if everyone's remote. And we know people rise to their level of incompetence so management is full of mediocrity.
08:45 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
I am not required to go in due to my job title, so I haven't. I am buying gas once every couple of months, probably under $200 a year, no need to spend on makeup and clothes, putting so few miles on my car, and I have so much more time for hobbies.
07:47 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Judy Fettner
A
Two recruiters told me last week that it is nearly impossible to get candidates for positions with more than one day in an office (I turned them down as the commute would be more than two hours a day). If your team works remotely in another state, what’s the point of going to an office?
07:11 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Darryl Adams
A
I am shocked that people don't want to commute to an office environment after finding a better work/life ballance with hybrid or work from home arrangements!
05:41 AM - Jun 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}