Jamie Schler
A
Airbnb has already ruined the rental market and negatively impacted the hotel business so why not trigger a housing market crash, too?

https://www.newsweek.com/a...
07:00 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Dennis Schmitz
A
In response to Jamie Schler.
02:17 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Wayne Curtis
A
Got news for ya... we are so short of inventory, there's no way in the world AirBnB evacuees will crash the market. This is total BS... ever since 2007, 'real estate crash' is just way to terrify people and increase clicks. #realestateagent #realestate
11:45 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Mary Becker
A
AirBnB ruined my town.
11:04 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Mary Larson
A
Excellent point.
10:45 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Carol Norris
A
Airbnb has ruined my neighborhood, as every other house is an airbnb owned by someone who doesn't live in my town. No sense of community. And it drives up the rental prices for us renters, and takes houses off the market.

I'm vehemently anti-airbnb.

#AirbnbDestroysNeighborhoods
10:05 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
The whole business of renting properties in residential areas is gross, and governments need to do a better job in regulating and taxing those who want to be in the hospitality business.
09:59 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Trust No One, Inc.
A
Since consumers have been told by 'experts' that housing inventory has been low, which contributes to higher prices, why would more inventory in the form of AirBnB properties be a negative? --A Dumb 🐰 Asking
09:32 AM - Jun 29, 2023
PhoenixWomanMN
A
In response to Trust No One, Inc..
There's such a housing shortage, this actually will help by lowering prices while increasing supply. It also will allow the neighborhoods destroyed by AirBnB a chance to recover.
02:12 PM - Jun 29, 2023
LaMott Jackson (CG)
A
Outside of everything else, I am glad to see AirBnB implode like this. Such a shame, it was a great business model in the beginning until they got greedy. They had no business buying ANY properties. They were earning enough from people allowing the rentals of their homes to begin with.

Fuck em.
09:05 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Honestly, we need house prices to come down. Slow is obviously better, but we aren't going to solve a housing crisis with historically high housing costs. And I say this as someone who owns a house we want to sell in 2 years
08:11 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Max Prophet
A
A housing market crash would be great for potential want to be homeowners currently priced out of the market because of these Airbnb assholes.
07:02 AM - Jun 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}