Social Media Ecosystem
A
Omar thoughts: This man broke A LOT of white folks. What we're seeing today is a direct result of him becoming POTUS. In the 15 years since, we've seen Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Abortion Rights & Affirmative Action laws rolled back or gutted. Damn, they big mad. But let me be quiet, it's Friday.
09:35 AM - Jun 30, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Social Media Ecosystem.
He only broke the fragile ones with flaws.
07:18 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
Obama didn't break anybody.
Those people were broken by their families long before Obama.
07:07 PM - Jun 30, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
His mere existence caused an entire political party to lose its everloving mind. In hindsight, I sorely underestimated the racist backlash to his ascension to the White House.
06:57 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Carol Glynn
B
IVOTED FOR HIM, TWICE!
06:17 PM - Jun 30, 2023
John Frost
A
Those 8 years may have accelerated the Christian White Supremacy movement, but the plan for a political SCOTUS and gerrymandered congress that was achieved this week has been in the works since Jimmy Carter was president. Progressives are not organized enough to counter conservatives' offensive.
06:15 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Jane Ruth
A
Yes, how dare an intelligent progressive black man become president. He single-handedly caused all ignorant narcissistic white men to doubt themselves.
09:46 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
In response to Jane Ruth.
White men own who they are. White women need to do the same. A shitload of them voted for Mr. Trump. And last I checked RBG could have resigned during Obama ensuring he replaced her. Also, last I checked white women are helping raise these white men, so they are doing a shitty job.
09:49 AM - Jun 30, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
There is a straight line between Obama getting elected and the rise of the Tea Party. Somehow I doubt that the Tea Party would have gained as much power if Obama had been white. The fact that so many of my people drifted to the right because of the President's race is appalling to me.
09:45 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
There wouldn't have been a Tea Party at all if Obama were white.
05:27 PM - Jun 30, 2023
David 1914
A
An the crazy part is that in the end, he was much more conservative than he campaign to be but they still didn’t like him.
09:44 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Mister Moss
A
You aint neva lied. This is the absolute truth.
09:43 AM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
Absolutely right and it makes me so sad.
09:40 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I don't think we can lay blame at Obama's feet. The cons in congress did everything they could to block any possible success, and those "leaders" showed their racist ass colors and their already racist constituents saw an opening.
09:38 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Social Media Ecosystem
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I'm not blaming Obama at all. Read what I wrote. I said he broke a lot of white folks. We're not talking about the 1960s. This is 2023. A lot of these folks went to integrated schools. Love the Black culture, but can't quit racism. Because many can't countenance Blacks doing well.
09:44 AM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}