Antony L
A
I don't speak for all LGBTQ+ folks, but I think many of us are genuinely frightened by the Supreme court rulings yesterday and today, And I don't think most straight get the degree of the fear we're feeling.
07:40 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Sandee Wilson
A
In response to Antony L.
U would b surprised how many of us straight people feel your fear
05:28 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Frank Schumacher
A
In response to Antony L.
I suspect that was the goal. They've said LGBTQ+ people aren't equal to them, but that also means I can ask a potential customer if they are maga or evangelical & then ban them from my business.
06:44 AM - Jul 01, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Antony L.
I’m queer and I’m definitely scared. I’ve already had twitter trolls call me groomer
02:12 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
In response to Antony L.
I’m sorry.
11:43 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Greg Goodwin
A
In response to Antony L.
The thing is, they want us to feel fear. They don't want us to be who we are openly. Fear is a tool to keep us quiet and in the closet.
10:26 PM - Jun 30, 2023
オジロット
A
In response to Greg Goodwin.
You got it. This is exactly why.
06:36 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Resident_hippie
A
In response to Greg Goodwin.
It’s what authoritarians do to keep people in line with their tunnel vision mindset. No one wins. ❤️🌀
09:31 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Antony L.
My emotions have run the gamut these days - from terror, to anger, to extreme sadness, and a sense of hopelessness. This is when I remind myself of the strength of my ancestors and I know that I cannot give up or give in. But damn, it's so hard sometimes!
09:40 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Antony L
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Yup, and I know I have to be strong for the youngins coming behind me. But today, it's all fear. Hoping tmrw bravery and outrage win out.
09:45 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Mary Becker
A
In response to Antony L.
I'm angry. I'm afraid if people are frightened they might not vote.
09:35 PM - Jun 30, 2023
No
A
In response to Antony L.
I know I am angry and scared for all of us. Long gone are the days when signs hung in a great many places saying "No Coloreds Allowed" or worse. But I fully expect a return to those days with signs like "No Gays Allowed" throughout this country very soon. And Trust me, it will not stop there.
08:51 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Antony L
A
In response to No.
Agree. The no marriage web site for gays, will be applied to Black folks and other marginalized groups with the sphere of influence slowly growing. Unless we stop it.
08:55 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Antony L.
I'd be absolutely terrified. Shoot, I am absolutely terrified for the LGBTQIA+ people in my life, in my neighborhood, etc
08:45 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Dorothy Wright
A
In response to Antony L.
Antony, it’s ok to be honest about how you feel. As a Black person feeling afraid has been apart of our life but you push on through your fear.
You are so loved by so many of us. ❤️
08:41 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Antony L
A
In response to Dorothy Wright.
Thanks Dorothy. I hear you and I've def been afraid before, it's just that I'd hoped by the age of 60, that it might be behind me. Imma fight. Imma help others be brave. But right now, it's all fear. Hopefully I'll get more angry than scared tomorrow.
08:53 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Antony L.
You are correct. Speaking for myself, not living in your shoes, it's unimaginable. We will persist in helping making it right.
08:34 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Nedra Za
A
In response to Antony L.
It always comes down to access to power. They see it being shared, even just a little, and it scares them. They hide behind Christianity, but Jesus never turned anyone way. Let’s not take this moment for granted, organize and strategize. Vote 🗳️
08:28 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Grandma Sharon
A
In response to Antony L.
I am so sorry. I try my best to understand what you are experiencing. My daughter is gay, and we support her and, at the same time, are afraid for her future experience. This just plain sucks.
08:23 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Vaughn Hilton
A
In response to Antony L.
I'm not gay but I am a Black woman and your fear of what could come next is legitimate with this Court. I'm watching things I marched for being tossed aside with no regard to how hard we fought to make them happen. There is no room for slacking up now. We must come together as one. I'm in!
08:04 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Antony L.
Married white male here. I never cared about people being honest with who they were. I embraced that. I’ve had LGBTQ+ people in my life since I was a teen. All I cared about was that they were good people.

This ruling hurts many good people. It’s a travesty of “Justice”.
Miss Ann
A
In response to Antony L.
As a straight black person, the 1/100th of this that I do get is scary as hell. This wrongheaded decision is going to embolden the bigots. In turn, they will affect people's health, identities, daily lives, and long term plans. Got to keep countering this. Don't let em get comfortable any time soon.
JudyT
A
In response to Antony L.
There are many people afraid for you. This SCOTUS is so tainted by making decisions based on their beliefs instead of the laws of our land and judicial precedent, as they should be doing.
07:50 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Daniel G
A
In response to Antony L.
I'm straight and I get it. You have every reason to be frightened.
07:49 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Carolyn
A
In response to Antony L.
💜💜💜💜
07:41 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}