Christopher Bouzy
A
We learned one thing from Threads; people want a large following quickly, and don't want to put the work in.
11:10 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Later
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Never have I ever felt so seen
11:35 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Yvette
A
It’s not my quantity of Followers. It’s the QUALITY! ☮️💙🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🙋‍♀️
03:48 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Koronin
A
Any ideas on how to convince sports/entertainment and foreign accounts to just take a look over here?
12:05 AM - Jul 12, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
In my opinion Threads is just another insulting and argumentative bunch of Trump MAGA alt-right haters. These losers can only find a home with their own ilk. Spoutible doesn't need or have this. Twitter and Threads should be considered the toxic pariahs of social sites.
05:07 PM - Jul 11, 2023 (Edited)
Steve Rogers
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
The only reason Threads had so many followers so fast is because they imported their Instagram accounts. It isn't rapid popularity or magic.
05:14 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
Musk & Yuckerberg are two peas in a fascist pod.
04:45 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Random Thoughts
A
Sad but true. I think it's the main reason a lot of the big accounts don't want to leave twitter. Ppl don't want to start over & put in the work.
04:33 PM - Jul 11, 2023
CharleneEllen
A
Yeah, and I wanna lose 20 pounds by swimsuit seas— oh, wait, I guess I shoulda been more active and engaged. >chortle
03:50 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I get that for some people.
03:42 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jade In NM
A
Here's a thought experiment... what if... the following/followers metric was eliminated (or hidden)? Instead of chasing numbers, folks were chasing more genuine engagement.? How many times have folks ignored someone because they didn't have enough followers to be acknowledged?
03:35 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Josol
A
I’ll take slow and steady thank you.
03:28 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jolly4SaintsPelicans
A
No hashtags
03:14 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:09 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
Another thing we (re) learned is that people have short memories-- FB/Meta has had an abundance of scandals related to data leaks, foreign influence operations, privacy violations, and toxic content. Yet 100 million people (?) are trusting them with their personal information again.
03:07 PM - Jul 11, 2023
skyeangelwillow AVM
B
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
Not this person. Never.
03:28 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
It’s astounding how short people’s memories are.
11:06 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
It's entirely conceivable that if Musk didn't buy #Twitter , Threads would be a ghost town like it was in 2019. https://edition.cnn.com/20...
03:05 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
Something else we learned is that people (besides us) are totally fed up with the mismanagement of #Twitter and #elontheclown . Facebook released a pre-elon "Threads" app in 2019 (see article below) that went nowhere.

https://edition.cnn.com/20...
03:04 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Indigo
A
03:03 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Not a Problematic Liz
A
I'm personally a fan of "slow engineering".

Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. You want something sustainable. This is how it's done
02:59 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
02:59 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Thats Me…. Liberty & Justice 4 ALL!
A
Agree and it’s not even about the numbers it’s about inclusivity not exclusivity! You have done a great job here. The only reason I have accounts on other sites is to protect my @.name
02:58 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Paula Beard
B
They want to be rewarded for their mere "presence".
02:49 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Jean Poole
A
Threads reportedly surpassed 100 million users in five days. What I would like to know is whether they have enough moderators and staff onboard to ensure the platform doesn’t instantly devolve into another hell hole like Twitter.
01:48 PM - Jul 11, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
And they won't look too closely at *anything* despite prior bad actions of the top people involved, obviously inflated numbers, abusive accounts, etc. I'm so sick of people just burying their heads in the sand while billionaires try to destroy our country with non-stop disinformation.
01:48 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Holly Jahangiri
A
Let them go to Threads, then.

I like connecting with real people for genuine conversations and exchange of ideas, but I don't need ten thousand fake accounts "following" me or celebs/would-be celebs doing the follow-follow-back-drop routine to look more popular.
01:41 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Nancy M
A
That's my main complaint abt the blue check people who came here to collect followers but never engaged/followed back. Threads started up & they quickly went there bcuz apparently it's too much work on spoutible... they actually have to make an effort here & that's something they didn't want to do
01:37 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Holly Jahangiri
A
In response to Nancy M.
You also can't delete your content easily or all at once, and you can deactivate your account but cannot delete it without deleting your Instagram, too. I don't recall being warned about this when joining.
01:43 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Kat Schneider
A
01:32 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
I'll say it 100 more times. The experience we have here isn't so much about who follows us as it is about whom WE follow. It is the interaction of the 2 that makes for great social media. And we have that here.
01:31 PM - Jul 11, 2023 (Edited)
Kelly Allistone
A
I'm trying hard not to be all judgy, but I must say I'm really disappointed in the number of people I know/follow racing over there.

Ten minutes of research on their part would help SO much.
01:27 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Holly Jahangiri
A
In response to Kelly Allistone.
Probably. I didn't "run over there" (I usually do join/check out anything online that looks mildly interesting, but I don't abandon anything in the process.) It's almost impossible if you're on Instagram to NOT join Threads.
01:45 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Clarke
A
I am happy with the following I have. Oh, and I don't call it work that got me here. I call it being friendly.
01:22 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
To be frank, I think most of us here already knew that about the majority of our fellow earthlings. It's just the influencer culture we live in nowadays. Get large # of follower ---> hope to get noticed by major brands for sponsorships ---> cash out.
Thx for creating something different @cbouzy 👍
11:47 AM - Jul 11, 2023
Gigi Gisele
A
I believe in supporting worthy causes. I'm here because this app is #BlackOwned . I love my black people.. unlike Clarence Thomas, Allen Keyes, Candace Owens. Black Power 🌑⚫🖤🤎💛👑📲 🥀📿🙏
11:47 AM - Jul 11, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}