The Eternal Atheist
A
thread 1/2
There's talk bubbling about Michigan's governor, Gretchen Whitmer, running for president in 2028. I'm all for it. What do you think?
08:26 AM - Jul 12, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
thread 2/2
Well, I asked for people's thoughts, and that's what I got. Thanks for all the comments. I'm always trying to learn and grow.

I do love Whitmer (as a Michigander who has seen our state at the best it's ever been), but I see that my support for her detracted from the support Kamala Harris deserves.
12:20 PM - Jul 15, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
I'd believe that if the party was giving her a more visible roll. It's too bad that her talents are being wasted. Or if they aren't, it's not being communicated very well.
In response to Tonya Alston.
09:22 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to The Eternal Atheist.
Well she faces two ceilings. Being Black and a woman. “Of my two handicaps, being female put many more obstacles in my path than being black.” Shirley Chisholm
11:35 AM - Jul 15, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
In response to Arthur Grupp.
I remember Chisolm correctly predicted we would elect a Black man as president before any woman. (Loved Obama--don't get me wrong.)
12:10 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Ms Roach
A
She’s busy working, as the VP should be. Her accomplishments are public record and posted out there for everyone to see, even if the press ignores her. We shouldn’t depend on the media to feed us what they want us to know.
10:28 AM - Jul 15, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
In response to Ms Roach.
I'm faulting our party and the media for making us dig up Harris' accomplishments. It doesn't mean I don't support her or won't vote for her. I've liked her all along.
10:34 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Tonya Alston
A
Giving who a more visible roll? The VP who is traveling the world & country; holding meetings at the WH? If she isn't as visible to you as you think Whitmer is, perhaps you s/b following her staff on socials. Local news has failed
Whitmer is an awesome Gov and doing her part to combat gop clownfkry.
09:40 AM - Jul 15, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
In response to Tonya Alston.
Maybe because I live in Michigan, Whitmer is in the news every day and making huge positive changes for us.
On the broader stage, I don't see Harris being supported by her party or the media, though of course I'm not blaming her for it.
10:26 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Katie Kadwell
A
It’s up to us to put our full support behind Harris. It’s up to us to raise her profile. I don’t think she’s being devalued inside the administration, just in the press and (white) public.
09:35 AM - Jul 15, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
How do we raise her profile?
09:36 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Tonya Alston
A
In response to Katie Kadwell.
This!👆🏽
09:48 AM - Jul 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}