Linda Eisenstein
A
I appreciate likes but folx used to Twitter need to understand that a like is like a private Attagirl & doesn't boost engagement or help others see the spout. Only echos & quote-spouts get the spout recirculating.
Jack Daniels @Jackdaniels
Echoing and commenting is the best way for this platform to grow . Liking is the lazy way out . We are all here because the blue bird is too toxic let's get this platform really launched .
09:35 AM - Feb 16, 2023
10:47 AM - Jul 19, 2023 (Edited)
Alison Jean
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Yes, this realization was a game changer for me!
02:52 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Laura Bejay
A
Got it. I’m not new to the platform but I’m new to using it daily. This is good to know.
12:10 PM - Jul 20, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
The new Splashback feature only features spouts with high numbers of likes. So, there is a sneaky algorithm there. But, it's optional and some people turn them off.
11:39 AM - Jul 20, 2023
EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
I'm just going to drop this here in defense of the spoutizens who aren't comfortable doing anything but hitting like yet.
10:40 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
And I agree! I like things all the time. If you do nothing but like spouts, or even just read spouts, you are an important part of our ecosystem & that's great. I just want people to understand the differences.
11:55 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
sometimes I wish replies would show up in the timeline — there’s a lot of good stuff there that sometimes feels a bit buried
10:50 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter.
Yes, which is why when I reply I sometimes then quote-spout the same thing.
10:51 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}