Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
Spoutible is a good place, but many of us came from not so good places or outright bad places. some of you never learned how to let people express themselves or how to have a healthy back and forth. Not all push backs are personal attacks. And sometimes your opinions deserve a reality check.
02:09 PM - Jul 28, 2023
A. J. Woodson
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
Problem is we live in am Era where everyone comes to be heard and not enough of us come to hear what's others have to say and feel!
08:09 AM - Feb 09, 2024
VergeClub
A
Thank you for this. We can do better, and we can set a good example.
I would add that tone and being gentle are important. Using harsh words for somebody who deserves them means that people who don't deserve them will also have to process them.
04:45 AM - Dec 30, 2023
Sara ConsoliverErnst
B
As long as it civil and not condescending I'm all for it. But some people on here are not helpful. I now ask myself "am I trying to be helpful or hurtful"
04:58 PM - Nov 27, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
To not acknowledge one's shortcomings is to give in to hubris and toxicity.
05:26 PM - Jul 28, 2023

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

KLFDetroit
A
This is how we learn. Thank you.
03:20 PM - Jul 28, 2023
ridley
A
Bullseye. Elite perspective, not surprising coming from a fellow Gen X’er.
02:45 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
hear hear!

I want people to trust that I’ll take issue with their statements when I am honestly led to, can almost always calmly explain exactly why, and keep listening throughout an exchange

but trying to head off disagreement (passively or aggressively) is uncool and I won’t play along
02:31 PM - Jul 28, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
Thank you for sharing. One of the down sides of social media is a tendency toward piling on, judgement etc. outrage is a helluva drug.

I glad #Spoutible is offering a platform free from abuse, but I think it’s fair to say that we all sometimes type things we’d never say to someone directly.
02:26 PM - Jul 28, 2023
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
Its really hard for some not to just let people express themselves. They take everything so personal. And they make it clear they cannot see others lives as different from their own even when we make it clear there is a difference. I hope Spoutible helps open their eyes.
02:30 PM - Jul 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}