Hika
A
Genuine question

What to do when ur paranoid and scared but like VERY paranoid and scared and it’s 5:30am and you don’t know how to distract yourself
07:54 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Doug S
A
In response to Hika.
I would get on my workout clothes and run (if possible) until i was thoroughly out of breath. Then keep running until i was exhausted. #endorphins
09:09 PM - Aug 04, 2023 (Edited)
L Geisenest
A
In response to Hika.
Along with the other suggestions, I find that gently + slowly rubbing one arm (starting neck to hand) + then the other, over + over repetitively to be helpful. Makes my brain fire differently as it takes in input from one side of body/brain then the other. As well as being emo’l ly comforting.

🥰2U
08:05 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Eljay Sixty
A
In response to Hika.
Read a familiar book you love that is complex but not overly deep. I like Pride and Prejudice.
08:00 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Hika.
Turn on Morning Joe. Because no matter what, there would be something stupid someone did that makes it all go away
08:00 PM - Aug 04, 2023
RealAntifaHQ
A
In response to Hika.
Frivolous answer: Google "panic attack"

Serious answer: music
At least when I feel that sensation coming on listening to music is an excellent distraction (headphones optional).
07:59 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Hika.
Binaural beats music is something I'd recommend. The right kind can get me relaxed in about ten to fifteen minutes. Maybe it can help you.
07:59 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Ron
A
In response to Hika.
Call upon your own superpowers! My mum, who clearly was a fan of both Silver Surfer and Vision, told me what mine were and it helped.
07:57 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
In response to Hika.
can you watch one of your very favorite, sweetest movies from your childhood?
07:56 PM - Aug 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}