Only accounts this user (RetiredLibrarian) follows can see their posts

Vichygirl
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Your story resonates with me too. It’s sad that we have to “minimise” in order to maximise our safety.
10:48 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
I was 13 and went to see George McGovern speak in Portland, Oregon. In a big crowd, this ld guy felt me up. I just froze and didn't tell anyone for many years.
12:11 PM - Aug 06, 2023

Only followers of this user (RetiredLibrarian) can see their posts

Nina LS
A
We go from living in comfort in our bodies to excruciating self-consciousness, alienation and fear, the minute the harassment starts.
07:27 PM - Aug 05, 2023

Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
That was beautiful. For me it's good if I can visualize what I'm reading and I get this little woo hoo feel 😂💜♾️
03:58 PM - Aug 05, 2023
PS Annie
A
This was exactly me too, except it happened at 14 for me. I became a devoted tomboy at that age.
03:44 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
OMG, yes, this makes perfect sense,
03:38 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Jackie
A
This makes me so sad and so angry, because I know it's still happening. #smashthepatriarchy
12:34 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Susie Fierce
A
In HS (starting at 13), the only way to get to campus was walking through a field that became a major construction site. There was no alternate route. Every morning and afternoon, we’d get cat calls and taunts and they’d say the most DISGUSTING stuff. We had to walk through and ignore.
12:05 PM - Aug 05, 2023

Vichygirl
A
In response to Susie Fierce.
Similar. I had to walk past a brewery to get to university and sometimes the men on their breaks would be leaning up against the fence & would say the most disgusting & debauched things as I hurried past.

I wonder how many of these so called “men” were fathers, uncles, husbands or brothers…
#M
10:57 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Honorary Doctor of Sass
A
It’s always been put on women to not dress what men deem enticing. It’s been our fault that men are not able to be respectful towards women. I always traveled for business with sample size aerosol hairspray and wore sneakers so I was at the ready at all times.
11:50 AM - Aug 05, 2023

Serendipity
A
Grade school. The staring, comments, finding ways to brush up against you. Anger at any indication that the attention was not welcome. Didn’t matter what I was wearing. I remember feeling relieved in my early 30s when I noticed that the constant attention/aggression had waned.
11:48 AM - Aug 05, 2023

Sheilah Hayden
A
I saw two grown men verbally checking out my 12 year old Niece while we walked into a restaurant. 😖
11:45 AM - Aug 05, 2023

Nancy Morgan
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
When I was 6, an old man exposed himself to me. It’s disgusting how many creepy men out there sexualize children.
03:58 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
Same.
11:40 AM - Aug 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}