Jess Martin
A
Woo hoo! I've managed to finish my #truffle playlist.

Mes copains, 24 videos for you to enjoy 😘

#TruffleSeason #truffles @anndraulans @bron1us @minnie @noblerot @josefkonrad @sstan99 @hereforthepopcorn @giordana @joannasays

https://youtube.com/playli...
04:30 AM - Aug 09, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
In response to Jess Martin.
Wow, thanks for your efforts to upload these! Very informative. And what a generous heap of shavings on your pannacotta!
06:15 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
I'm not done yet!!!

Though the more I read about truffles, the more I find that Oregon is the best place for them over there. You are lucky to live in such a gourmand's paradise!
06:29 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
I guess I am lucky, and the #truffle is not the only fungus among us (sorry). Oregon also has #matsutake --highly prized in Japan--and many other mushroom varieties like #chanterelles and #porcini . 🍄
08:26 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
I love chanterelles! Garlic, parsley, a bit of wine + wild mushrooms. Dish of champions!!!

Do you go mushroom hunting? Do you have places to go where you can verify if the mushrooms are edible or not?
08:31 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
No, I don't, but I'd love to learn to forage in the woods after retiring.

I think there are some resources - a local organization that will help identify your mushrooms - but their availability is limited.

Yes, chanterelles are wonderful! Lion's mane are fun, and I like to grill king oysters.
09:16 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Jess Martin
A
King oysters are massive! This is my favourite dish with wild mushies. You can add bacon and wine too.

@hereforthepopcorn @apfel_sarah @minnie @anndraulans

https://www.youtube.com/wa... 🤤
Wild Mushrooms with Garlic and Parsley (Persillade) - YouTube

Update of an older video here. Mushrooms with garlic and parsley (persillade) is a classic with all kinds of variations, in Italian it might be called funghi...

11:39 PM - Aug 10, 2023
Ann Draulans
A
04:48 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Ann Draulans.
I know! We should all go wild mushroom hunting together! @minnie @hereforthepopcorn
05:24 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
Excellent! This looks really good. I'm going to try to master this and the pronunciation of "Persillade".

I normally grill the king oysters with a steak. I brush the mushrooms with a mixture of soy sauce and olive oil (or melted butter) before grilling, but this looks like a good alternative.
12:25 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Jess Martin
A
Oooh! You'll have to post a photo of your king mushies then!!!
12:45 AM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}