Christopher Bouzy
A
Dating sucks now. In the past, lengthy phone conversations contributed to a deeper connection between individuals. However, the current preference for texting hinders the ability to truly get to know someone, lacking the intimacy and enjoyment of a phone conversation.
CNN Bot @CNNBot
Leaving the young to speed-date doesn’t seem to be working in Japan -- so their parents are stepping in to help. #CNN
06:25 AM - Sep 03, 2023
06:42 AM - Sep 03, 2023
AmericaNDN
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Ah, yes. 8 months of $100+ phone bills 48 yrs ago has turned into texting "Can you pick up chicken on your way home?" "👍🏽"
01:25 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Andrea Ball
A
I think instant access to reach any person or piece of information is a problem. No need to wait and see. Although using a phone now is different, with many more distractions available.
12:07 PM - Sep 03, 2023
DJohnRowinski
A
If my liberal but racist parents had stepped in to help I would not have two sons and been the poorer for it (not financially as I'm managing that on my own)
11:59 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Carol Lovely
A
Well having the parents in the mix should certainly be the fix 😳😳😳😳😳
11:58 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
My friends Harvey & Joyce got to know each other through letters. She wrote a fan letter, he wrote back. After months of correspondence she flew to Cleveland to meet him. He took her to Lakeview Cemetery on their date & married the next day. AMERICAN SPLENDOR is the #Movie about them.
10:33 AM - Sep 03, 2023 (Edited)
Kim Mmmm
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Such a good movie. If you feel like watching it it’s on Max and Hulu I think!
12:10 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Allison Cotton
A
I miss that so much. *Sigh* Remember trying to keep each other awake on the phone at night while hiding that you were still on the phone from your family? 😂😂😂 Playing music for each other into the phone? Diving to get to the phone when it rang? Those were the days! 😂😂😂
10:15 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Terry Calvert
A
In response to Allison Cotton.
I feel that. Privacy was the 12’ phone cord. 😏
12:17 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Antony L
A
You're showing your age and your wisdom. 😃
09:50 AM - Sep 03, 2023
JoJo
B
I don't believe it's texting that's to blame. You can get to know someone through texting. Some of my longest friendships are through texting because we share the same communication skills. Sound and video are still available for most people. It's about emotional availability.
08:44 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Clarke
A
Just about all activities that require a certain amount of conversation seem to be "out of fashion". I bet I have more conversation with the clerks in my favorite grocery store than most young guys on a date. And I am not even looking for a date. Just enjoy the conversation.
08:23 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Cheryl
A
Once a point of contact is established, getting to know someone in person is far superior. I remember having many fights with guys over the phone that could have been avoided by access to facial expressions and body language.
07:18 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Darrell Steinberger
A
Years of ignored/undiagnosed and untreated mental illness (anxiety disorders first and foremost) resulted in the tech generations adoption of less stressful means of communication. Technology fostered a convenient crutch to avoid interpersonal skills under the guise of convenience.
07:00 AM - Sep 03, 2023
No
A
True. Sadly, we as a society have lost connection and intimacy that can only be enjoyed in the voice and inflection of our fellow humans.
06:51 AM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}