RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Y'all, I just found this on YouTube. The Nicholas Brothers were tops, and even Gregory Hines and Gene Kelly flat out said these two were a one of a kind act.
The Nicholas Brothers: We Sing and We Dance (1992) - YouTube

A wonderful documentary on the life of the world's greatest tap dance team. Featuring rare film clips, interviews with other great stars and of course the Ni...

02:29 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Nancy Martin
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Just yesterday my neighbor found out I’m a tap dancer and asked if Fred Astaire was my hero. I told him no, I stan Black tap dancers. He suggested Bill Bojangles Robinson but had never heard of the Nicholas Brothers. I sent him this link today. Thx!
01:26 AM - Sep 21, 2023
BohemianPatriot
A
One of my Favorite Clips! I watch it Repeatedly, too. #BlackExcellence . #BlackSpoutible ...
01:06 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
I rewatch this clip on occasion. It's a scene from the film Stormy Weather staring Lena Horne...🥰
12:25 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Deb Montague
A
Thanks for sharing this. I watched it today and was today years old when it dawned on my Maurice and Gregory Hines are siblings. /facepalm.
11:06 PM - Sep 20, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
This was great. Thanks for sharing. I'm home sick today so I enjoyed watching the whole thing. I've admired them ever since I saw Stormy Weather 4- 5 years ago. Just so sad that there "could only be one black"--Sammy Davis Jr, because they were direct competitors (and better!)than GK & FA
03:06 PM - Sep 20, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
There doesn't need to be a competition.

Sammy was a great dancer.
He could also sing.
He could also act.
He had great comic timing.
And he did impressions, too.

The sad part is that so many performers of color weren't at all or barely allowed into mainstream media.
03:12 PM - Sep 20, 2023
CPfromCA
A
The Nicholas Brothers were amazing.
02:45 PM - Sep 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}