Christopher Bouzy
A
Someone reported seeing duplicate messages in group DMs, but we cannot reproduce this bug. Are you seeing duplicate messages in group DMs? If so, please respond here.

⛔️Please do not mention unrelated bugs; we are only addressing group DM bugs.⛔️
09:30 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Andi Jones
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
When I post in a group DM, I see four copies of my post but I think the recipients all see one. I also can't scroll up to see the earlier parts of the conversation. I use the Android app.
11:41 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
Yes seeing duplicates.
Been posting to group DMs on MacOS Ventura using chrome and also using iOS app on iPad IIRC. I can try again to reproduce. What else would you like me to do to narrow circumstances of when it happens?
10:49 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Janet B
A
I have not seen this in my group chat
(Apple app, iPhone 13 pro)
10:45 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Cori
A
Additional issue in group DMs.... Get this when posting a pic. Sometimes it still posts the pic and sometimes it doesn't.
(Android app)
09:53 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Janet B
A
In response to Cori.
I get this one, too! Not every time I post a photo or gif, but about half the time. And yes, sometimes it then posts anyway, sometimes it doesn’t and I have to try again, which usually works (Apple app)
10:43 AM - Oct 04, 2023
Cori
A
Yes on Android app, Samsung Galaxy s10e. I see my own messages twice but others only see one. Did not start using until after the update.
09:49 AM - Oct 04, 2023 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Bev Turner
A
Yes but only my view of the chat. Others only see one comment.
09:45 AM - Oct 04, 2023

Only followers of this user (Canyonsfan) can see their posts

dani
A
Yes, but it happens intermittently. Generally goes away when you exit the DM, and go back in. This happens sometimes in regular DMs as well.

I've seen it with the same msg 2x from one user, and as the same message attributed to 2 users.
09:33 AM - Oct 04, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to dani.
Did this happen before the update, or did it only start after we released group DMs? Also, what device are you on?
09:35 AM - Oct 04, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (April_Sparkles) can see their posts

Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to April Sparkles.
Did this happen before the update, or did it only start after we released group DMs? Also, what device are you on?
09:35 AM - Oct 04, 2023
King Lavender-licous
A
No
09:31 AM - Oct 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}