Christopher Bouzy
A
The people who are against auto-generated summaries want us to add auto-generated translations. What do you think the translations are powered by? Yes, it is AI, and I guarantee the auto-generated translations will not be nearly as accurate as the summaries.
07:57 PM - Oct 04, 2023 (Edited)
Lola
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I suspect a lot of people didn't know what to expect. I think it's cool but I'm a slightly annoyed with myself that I can't think of a single mildly funny or vaguely clever thing to do with it. Hijinks can be had here with it but the how eludes me.
08:30 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Deirdre McGlynn
A
That's true!

AI auto-generated captions are extremely error prone - they are trying to parse anything that could possibly spoken in the English language, and make enough mistakes to be basically useless.

AI recaps on the other hand are sampling from a more or less closed, limited set of words
08:25 PM - Oct 04, 2023
George Bishop
A
I believe a toggle that the spouters can use to toggle if the AI summarizes their thread or not would be enough. As people have shown, the AI can't accurately summarize everything that isn't just data sets, so just allow people to turn it off on their threads.
08:17 PM - Oct 04, 2023
TheQuietOne
A
If you want translations cut and paste works fine.
08:16 PM - Oct 04, 2023
George Bishop
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
Not sure many people on phone apps will want to cut and paste across various apps to read a spout. They'll just scroll by.
11:27 AM - Oct 05, 2023
Phred
A
Wir sind wie Hütekatzen. Her mit den Zirkus-Erdnüssen.
08:10 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Jasra - no DMs
A
In response to Phred.
😱
08:15 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Joon Bugg
A
I think the summaries are marvelous!!
Who's bitching about too many awesome features?
Y'all needa stop that nonsense.
08:10 PM - Oct 04, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
Translation is an art which takes mastery of both languages imho. Ai will struggle but one day it will surpass us except maybe in understanding emotion. Even then, I am very unsure.
08:07 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Oooh translations
08:07 PM - Oct 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}