Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
We consistently receive feedback regarding challenges in phone number verification. To address this issue, we are seriously considering introducing an alternative verification method through LinkedIn accounts. For successful verification, the LinkedIn account must have a minimum of x connections.
05:15 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
We would NOT have access to users' private LinkedIn information. We believe this will make it easier for some new users to join, while also making it difficult for people who were suspended to rejoin. I would like your honest feedback on this. What do you think?
05:15 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Catherine Roberts
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Linked In has had a security breach in the past, but it was a fairly long time ago. As long as you’re comfortable with security issues, it seems a fine idea.
04:24 AM - Oct 20, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
I've never had, nor do I ever plan on opening a LinkedIn account. That said, any alternative that would allow us to remove our phone number from Spoutible's database (or make it optional for new users to add one) is most welcome. I don't like online services having my number.
11:10 PM - Oct 19, 2023
VergeClub
A
Have you considered using something like openID? Would be nice if there was an independent SSO provider or issuer of authentication tokens / certificates
10:53 PM - Oct 19, 2023
serenebabe
A
It feels oogy that LinkedIn would be so associated with spoutible. Like, is that (kind of person) the target market?
06:12 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Ben Peterson
A
Options are good, I like the outside-the-box thinking. It's not accessible for everyone, but it could work for some
05:50 PM - Oct 19, 2023 (Edited)
Oongy Noodle
A
Not everyone has or wants a Linked In account. This process would exclude them
05:44 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Oongy Noodle.
I believe he’s saying it would be an additional option.
06:05 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Kathleen F789
A
I think that's a great idea for people who use LinkedIn. I do have an old LinkedIn profile. My most recent position was one where I had to limit all of my social media activity, so I don't have a lot of connections; only about 125 or so.
05:28 PM - Oct 19, 2023
David Belisle
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:25 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Ben Peterson
A
In response to David Belisle.
I interpreted his post to mean that both options would be offered
05:42 PM - Oct 19, 2023
dani
A
I’ve personally never set up a LinkedIn. I also have no interest in mixing my professional and online life, even if it’s not visible to others, so I wouldn’t choose the option if I did have one.

I think it depends who’s asking for this. Do the people who don’t want to use their # use LinkedIn?
05:25 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
In response to dani.
It would be a secondary option. If they can't or are unwilling to use phone verification, and they don't have a LinkedIn account, then they would be out of luck.
05:28 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Tina Tague
A
I trust you, if you think it will work as a verification that is enough for me.
05:20 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Whoa!
A
I like that you are trying to provide reasonable options. I haven't personally had this problem. I rarely use LinkedIn. I don't even remember how many connections I have but I'm pretty sure most of them are just head hunters. 🤣
05:17 PM - Oct 19, 2023
Mazzaroth Vineyard
A
We're for it and would recommend no less than 100 LinkedIn connections.
05:17 PM - Oct 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}