David Berger
A
Just an observation: personal spouts seem to attract less attention than political ones. If Spoutible will supersede Twitter, we need to appreciate the general shares, personal selfies, life posts, while also appreciating the political ones. Maybe it's just me...
09:04 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Lisa Kander
A
In response to David Berger.
Photos and music seem to get engagement
08:10 PM - Aug 02, 2023
wmlockner
A
I came on from day 1 mostly for news/political news but have REALLY enjoyed sharing/reading posts about music, art, books and even just simple humor...it's been GREAT! And I make a point of following people who make these posts.
11:20 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Edmund
A
Astute observation. I think #Spoutible could accomplish this with "Rings", something like Twitter Circles. Where people with shared interests can inspire and strengthen one another. I hope they're listening. :)
10:39 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Edmund.
I'm sure @cbouzy is listening! :)
10:46 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Michele
A
Yessssss!
10:29 AM - Feb 28, 2023
K Polando
A
I also think because this is a place of people not bots, echoing personal spouts doesn't seem sincere. I see "likes" as an affirmation and actual dialog in comments as a way to connect.
10:09 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to K Polando.
Even if not echoing, but contributing to the spirit of the spout. Engagement brings camaraderie and connections which I imagine is part of the mission of Spoutible. I'm here to make new connections!
10:48 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Linda the scandi
A
oh that earned you a follow. Yes I'm tired of the constant "rage tweeting". I like staying informed, but seeing 50 memes about "tree toes" isn't being informed.
10:06 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Linda the scandi.
Thank you! I had no idea my spout would resonate with people. Followed back!
10:46 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Karan Rhodes
A
Maybe in the short term, Spoutible can encourage topic ambassadors. Just a thought.
10:03 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Karan Rhodes.
Sounds like an interesting concept! I hope that it's something those in charge will definitely consider.
10:51 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Jennifer
A
i agree, but I think as more people join, that will happen organically. I think mostly political wonks were probably the first ones to swim on over :)
09:58 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Char
A
Totally agree and I think, I hope, in time we'll see that. We'll need to. 24/7 politics is too impersonal and draining to create a lasting connection or interest for most.
The breaks from it is what allows us to deal with it IMO.
09:54 AM - Feb 28, 2023
JeffCO
A
I think it's complicated, groups who migrated here from Twitter first were stifled and remain under attack there. The personal is very political for many, and that reality may be overrepresented here for now. Most of us have wide interests, more tools will help. Water will seek its own level....
09:51 AM - Feb 28, 2023
K Polando
A
In response to JeffCO.
I agree. The politics can be overwhelming, but I'm beginning to see more beautiful art, humor and joy too.
10:11 AM - Feb 28, 2023
uOMi
A
My experience exactly, sadly, despite a varied range of topics my spouts get little interaction, rather discouraging. This includes posting of my own favorite images, personal sharing and political commentaries, even resorting to gifs.
09:49 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Dad For Ever
A
I understand your goal here, but I take politics very personally.

Pretending politics is separate from life is why everyone's lives were disrupted in 2016.

Perhaps you should suggest filter terms not to see.
09:47 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Lynda Di
A
...that's the thing about #Spoutible . Everyone has a voice to state their claims
09:36 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
I think I remember Chris saying in one of his Spaces that he hoped to eventually give us a way to curate different timelines to organize our interests. If true, then when we need a break from politics we could choose to spend time with other interests such as photography, sports, quilting, etc.
09:34 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Sara Chirico.
I love that idea!
11:07 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Sredni Eel
A
it's difficult because politics are really important to folks, but I can't do that all the time. I got blocked by a bunch of "resistors" on the bird app because I don't post political stuff much (if at all). Just here for animals, monsters, and immature toilet humor.
09:32 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Phil Loomis
A
In response to Sredni Eel.
You had me at "immature."
11:00 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Sredni Eel.
Bring all of it on! I teach high school. I'm well-versed in the immature humor. LOL
11:06 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Melissa
A
I'm looking for the dogs and cats.
09:32 AM - Feb 28, 2023
DANIEL Mac
A
Truth! I post on about me, workout tips, etc, etc and those get 2, 3 likes (if at all - a lot don't)

I post issues/articles - off the chain attention. I'd much rather get to know the folks I'm following than have them save me a trip to go read the news sites.
09:31 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to DANIEL Mac.
As a gym person myself (truly an amateur compared to you!), I'd love to see more people talk about their gym experiences, tips, helpful ideas, or just being a support for those of us who are looking to better ourselves. I'm 55 and trying to be my best me.
11:05 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Maama Kaareni
A
It is a pleasure to be in a space that, so far, is not politics everywhere all the time. I'm a little weary of that intensity, and could use the break. I will never stop paying attention to those fkrs, but dancing penguins are good for the soul. Let's spend some time here lightening things up.
09:27 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Michele
A
In response to Maama Kaareni.
I'm enjoying the balance.
10:29 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Maama Kaareni.
Yes, more dancing penguins!
11:03 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Simon Sands
A
I like that you mentioned this and others has responded...we are still young in the game...it will get better...right now we as users can shape it in the right direction...so let's spout away with the cats, penguins, jokes, airplanes, personal achievements, health, wealth, kids/family..it's up to us
09:21 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Simon Sands.
Yes!! Thank you!
11:02 AM - Feb 28, 2023
A Hayes
A
Agree. So very important to be aware and actively protecting democracy and the marginalized and the environment but I can get discouraged and worried into despondency if I don't see some beauty, humor, and hum drum daily life.
09:16 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to A Hayes.
It's easy to "doom scroll" on any app, but we are people first, and I think we should strive to connect with others in even our most mundane posts. It's what provides a diverse landscape (or seascape here).
11:02 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Jennifer Sapien
A
It's true! And it's one of the things that keeps me from logging off the other site completely. I love having some honest connections there with people - whether they were silly or during one of the most heartbreaking times of my life. I love keeping up on politics, but I also want to connect.
09:15 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Jennifer Sapien.
Very much the same for me.
11:01 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Not just you. I understand about the echo of the verified accounts so more will make the migration but I'm going to try to echo us commoners. We're pretty cool too and have valid opinions.
09:08 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Absolutely!
11:01 AM - Feb 28, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
I'll admit I'm guilty of that, the more general stuff we share the better...especially for the sake of mental health.
09:08 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Terry Calvert
A
Amen. I want good vibes with the rest of it.
09:06 AM - Feb 28, 2023
David Berger
A
In response to Terry Calvert.
Thank you! :)
11:00 AM - Feb 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}