Jack Daniels
A
So how is this place doing ? Feel free to tell me as I think we are all looking to settle somewhere . What do you like ? What don't you like ? Sell me this place @cbouzy
10:10 AM - Nov 07, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
In response to Jack Daniels.
We get trolls here occasionally. They don't last long. Bugs happen, but are fixed in a timely manner, many times within 24 hours. Updates happen often and many times include features that exist nowhere else. There are no bullshit algorithms or fees, no $1.00 per year tax.

What's not to like?
10:18 PM - Nov 07, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
I enjoy it here and feel very safe. The people I've encountered have been interesting, kind, and approachable. It took a bit to get used to & it's been fun waiting for each new feature to launch. Hope you light here.
04:03 PM - Nov 07, 2023
E Z
A
Ya get out of it what you put into it.

The timeline, since February 2023, is one long scroll.

The rabbit hole is deeper using the Explore tab.

Good luck. There’s more sea than land.
02:18 PM - Nov 07, 2023
M Wortman
A
ahhhh! The water’s just right!
01:52 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
Trying to "sell you the place" would involve research on your preferences and aversions.
Enjoy a bot-free environment?
More features than any other social media app?
Like to engage?
Respectful, with a sense of humor?
Hobbies?
Politics junkie?
Snark?
Good trouble?

Welcome!
12:47 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Klobby L
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
all this. Well said.
05:11 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Phred
A
Because.
12:11 PM - Nov 07, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Phred.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
12:19 PM - Nov 07, 2023
Haruka (CLOSED)
A
I love that I can post something without that knot in my stomach when I check replies. If I have to pick something I don’t like (and it’s specific to me) it’s that I can’t get rid of the suggested follows on the right of my screen; my pinkie is constantly following people by accident. 😅
10:59 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Jeannie (she/her)
A
The users are friendly, helpful, engaging, thoughtful, intelligent, and understanding. There's plenty of humor, but not at the expense of others. (And when people "punch down" they're called out on it).

I also appreciate that people seem to feel safe here, which makes me feel safe.
10:56 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Sabine
A
Social media with “social" written in capital letters.
10:54 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Laura Vaughn
A
This is the kind of place where you get out of it what you put into. We’re all about creativity, civility, fun hobbies, serious discourse, etc. But you have to make it what you want it to be. It’s not a passive place. And I love it here.
10:53 AM - Nov 07, 2023
DKemp Designs
A
Hi Jack,
Spoutible is like the first day of vacation after a lousy year at work. Calm, your mind expands with possibilities and the concierge is quick to remove disruptive guests. You are in control of your experience and @cbouzy is very responsive to tweaks and debugging. Welcome aboard.
10:52 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Russ Smith
A
In response to DKemp Designs.
Also... "don't trust the cat"
10:54 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
I have met so many wonderful people here. You can actually have a great conversation with people. Just AWESOME!!!
10:51 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Aussiefemmebot
A
10:50 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Kos
A
Stick around and enjoy the hospitality. You'll see :)
10:49 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Mary Cole
A
This is my go-to place for news and civil discourse. Lots of nice features, too, that were never on the dead bird. And . . . welcome! 😊
10:48 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Kalind
A
What’s great about this place is that it’s mostly chill and you get to learn new things. The server limitations can sometimes happen, but since this is a new site, it’s bound to happen
10:42 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
This question that was recently asked by Steve Marmel @Marmel provides some great insights into what users think and feel.
10:42 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Deb Lane
A
It’s actually a “social” social media platform. Trolls and bullies are dealt with pretty quickly. It’s still a work in progress but has features not found on other platforms. (Auto threading is awesome). People definitely feel safer and more genuine here.
10:27 AM - Nov 07, 2023
J MurchPond
A
Very user friendly but if you can’t figure something out, just ask. Bots and trolls are removed quickly. No algorithms control your feed, you do. My stomach isn’t churning when I’m scrolling here like it did on the bird app.
10:23 AM - Nov 07, 2023
Meghan Rodela
A
Overall people are really cool. The site is still in development so new features are coming on all the time.
10:16 AM - Nov 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}