Scott Johnson
A
Mastodon: you just join one of the nodes. Each "instance" is a server, and each has its own registration process. A network of instances is a Fediverse.

Spoutible: if you used the bird site, you already know how to use it.

Echo if you prefer the zero learning curve of #Spoutible !
10:08 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Ces Thee History Geek
A
In response to Scott Johnson.
Using Mastodon wasn't a problem but I felt like Hades at the end of Disney's Hercules--Is anybody here??? Am I like in...hyperspace??? Spoutible OTOH has been great from Day One.
07:31 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Mary Lou
A
I like the ideals and principles of Mastodon but sadly, found it too difficult to learn how to use it.

Spoutible is so far, so good. Threads also works for me.
07:55 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Really Doihaveto
A
I don’t actually find Mastodon to be complex, but maybe I got lucky? Since leaving the bird site, last Fall? I have loved the absence of an algorithm and searching on my hobbies, Ukraine, and politics when I choose. It is different, but was not looking for another hellsite.
07:53 PM - Sep 12, 2023
ann heffner
A
love your whale.
04:30 PM - Jul 17, 2023
JessC
A
I tried all the other alternative bird options....everything was complicated and not worth the effort. Spoutible is exactly what we all asked for....user friendly and safe.
10:06 AM - Mar 07, 2023
JessC
A
I tried all the other alternative bird options....everything was complicated and not worth the effort. Spoutible is exactly what we all asked for....user friendly and safe.
10:05 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Erik Gothelf
A
It is great - I think Spoutible should capture your twitter screen name and auto follow anyone who joins that you are following from twitter.
01:35 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
In response to Erik Gothelf.
that would be an amazing feature!
01:36 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Michele
A
I have a mastodon account and I have not cultivated it because it's so cumbersome, but, more power to all who are trying to defeat zuck and elmo!
12:30 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Zelda Silver
A
I am using both. To set up an account was a bit weird on Mastodon, but once on, it is super easy. Right now some of my Twitter community is using Mastodon so I feel a tad more connected there. Hopefully more will join Spoutible!
11:48 AM - Mar 01, 2023
virgin matos
A
spoutible is less complicated and easier to use. loving spoutible
11:38 AM - Mar 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (JuneAndDecember) can see their posts

Martini C
A
Mastodon felt like I needed a PhD to use it.
11:30 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Scott Johnson
A
In response to Martini C.
Same here! It made me not want to bother with it.
11:35 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
I have a hard enough time with Discord. Didn't even bother trying Mastodon. I waited for this launch.
10:51 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Yep. Never did figure that site out, abandoned it within weeks. Same with that other one I don't remember the name of....
10:35 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
I tried to join Mastodon two different times, on instances that said they were open to any/all new members, and it didn't work either time and I gave up. Yes there were some Day 1 hiccups here but overall it has been much easier.
10:14 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Diana
A
If Mastadon works for folks that's cool, but I logged in once and just didn't have the energy to figure it out. One of my favorite things about Spoutible is the ease with which you can dive right in, so to speak.
10:14 AM - Mar 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}