Valerie Carzello
A
Trying very hard to get the followers and engagement here that I got on that "other" app. Hashtags do not seem to work....any suggestions? #follow
02:42 PM - Dec 14, 2023
C Varnam
A
In response to Valerie Carzello.
a useful and frequently updated thread about site
https://spoutible.com/thre...
12:07 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
Also, when you find people that you enjoy following take a look at who follows them. This is one way to build your Timeline. I also check Explore often as that is where people outside your current follower group are most likely to show up. But most of all is regular interaction.
09:56 AM - Dec 26, 2023
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to Cindy_Coffeelatte.
Thank you so much!
10:01 AM - Dec 26, 2023
Rebecca E
A
Follow back folks who follow you. I noticed you haven't followed me back - I followed you from your last Spout looking for more engagement.

There are so many interesting, fun folks here. Echo. Quote Spout. Follow/follow back and your timeline will soon be populated with lots of good info/people.
09:55 AM - Dec 26, 2023
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to Rebecca E.
Sorry I tried to get everyone! I have a hard time working things out still but I am trying to get it all down :)
09:57 AM - Dec 26, 2023
J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
I would say it takes time. This is a much smaller and younger site. Follow more interesting folks and get some follows back. Keep posting interesting stuff. Quote-spout others to add to the conversations. It took nearly 20 years to make Twitter. Promote Spoutible elsewhere, too.
09:54 AM - Dec 26, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
Follow more, spout more, reply more, use explore

You drive the engagement
09:53 AM - Dec 26, 2023
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
This site doesn’t work exactly like the other. Here it’s almost a ‘follow more to get more’ model. More about following than # of followers.

Being here regularly, spouting, liking, echoing and quote spouting often are what make it work. Follow people who look to share things you’re interested in.
09:32 AM - Dec 26, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
Care less about the followers and more about the engagement. The followers will come over time.
11:47 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
I'd say engagement too - the more you engage, the more activity. I don't have near the activity I did over there either, but I'm at peace here. The other place made my blood pressure rise and made me angry. Then I was angry in real life too. Those days are over, thanks to Spoutible.
03:03 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to Eltee Ryan.
so true, I have yet to rage spiral here!
03:06 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Klobby L
A
I don’t have much to add, except to find more people to follow, you can search for your favorite topics or hobbies and see who’s talking about that. Comment on people’s posts and they usually respond. You might indeed want to follow the Explore feed for a while, even tho it’s harder to wade thru.
02:55 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to Klobby L.
thank you! That helps! I will look for some weather people like a huge dork haha
02:56 PM - Dec 14, 2023
C Varnam
A
In response to Klobby L.
Agree with using reply to chat publicly with users on subjects of mutual interest. From cute cat/great picture/cake/bike, etc.to more significant thoughts . on far right of newsfeed bar is viral if you want to see recent liked spouts. Also check replies from account you considering to follow.
09:43 AM - Dec 26, 2023 (Edited)
dani
A
I find that most people don’t regularly use hashtags. People are more likely to choose who they follow and just go with the Timeline. Participation is key. Interact with others, and they’ll interact with you 🙂
02:47 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to dani.
ohh okay good to know!! Thanks!
02:48 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Nana of the Shire
A
Click on the Explore Feed. It’s the compass icon at the bottom middle of thr screen. Everything from all users is posted there. It’s a good way to find follows.
Valerie Carzello
A
In response to Nana of the Shire.
Thank you!!!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}