Muriel Vieux
A
Blacks Folks are so sensitive!

Let me ask you a question, if every day someone rubbed sandpaper all over your skin and walked away… what would your attitude be after 50 years? 100 Years? How raw and sensitive would your skin be? #TheAmericanHaitianPoet
paypal.me/murielvieux
05:54 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Bren
A
In response to Muriel Vieux.
I'm retired now but I used to see this at work. A white man tells racists jokes "but he can't be racist because he has Black step children" or the women who wait for the Black woman to leave so they can make snide remarks. Do they really think it's hidden? POC have to be aware constantly.
06:30 AM - Dec 28, 2023
Muriel Branch
B
This 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼is the best essay!!! The imagery and the facts are so on point that they make real the sensation of the daily irritants and pain of racism. Thank you for using your gift to give our collective pain voice.
05:31 AM - Dec 28, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
This...right...here!!!

Imma bout to quote echo TF outta this
12:08 PM - Dec 26, 2023 (Edited)
Rnsilverlake
A
Other ways to donate besides PayPal?
11:44 PM - Dec 24, 2023
Muriel Vieux
A
In response to Rnsilverlake.
I deleted the Zelle info since it's my nieces
I don't have venmo only Paypal or Zelle.
Thank you for the thought!
12:03 PM - Dec 26, 2023
AnneSenter
A
Oof, this is powerful truth. The sandpaper analogy is a good one. How do we get past deliberate, casual, or just insensitive racism? My thoughts go to: Education of the true past behaviors, and development and nurturing of empathy. I really appreciate your help in moving humans forward. Following!
10:32 AM - Dec 22, 2023
WestCoaster
A
In response to AnneSenter.
Yes, education, and we white people must be open to learning and facing our own biases. And don't think we don't have them! I took one of those tests for unconscious bias, smugly sure that I was thoroughly enlightened, but what a wake-up call. I have a long way to go, as we all do.
11:02 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
While I can understand the message, I will absolutely disagree with the language used within it.

Because the language is still “us” and “them”, and until that stops then nothing said will ever change the divide.

You are me, and I am you. Human. Vulnerable. Fallible. Resilient.

Hopeful.
07:25 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Joon Bugg
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
If you read that & your first instinct is to critique the tone, YOU are the sandpaper.

Pro Tip: Not everything requires your egocentric opinion to make it valid.
12:33 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
Why do you think your opinion on what she wrote matters?

No one needs your approval to express themselves. You should be embarrassed bc this is condescending and incredibly offensive.
12:36 AM - Dec 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}