Muriel Vieux
A
Blacks Folks are so sensitive!

Let me ask you a question, if every day someone rubbed sandpaper all over your skin and walked away… what would your attitude be after 50 years? 100 Years? How raw and sensitive would your skin be? #TheAmericanHaitianPoet
paypal.me/murielvieux
05:54 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
While I can understand the message, I will absolutely disagree with the language used within it.

Because the language is still “us” and “them”, and until that stops then nothing said will ever change the divide.

You are me, and I am you. Human. Vulnerable. Fallible. Resilient.

Hopeful.
In response to Muriel Vieux.
07:25 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
Why do you think your opinion on what she wrote matters?

No one needs your approval to express themselves. You should be embarrassed bc this is condescending and incredibly offensive.
12:36 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Joon Bugg
A
If you read that & your first instinct is to critique the tone, YOU are the sandpaper.

Pro Tip: Not everything requires your egocentric opinion to make it valid.
12:33 AM - Dec 25, 2023
ecsbrooklyn
A
The author is specifically referring to the 100s of years of Black people's pain that white people have caused, and by ignoring, have exacerbated. We've all done it, even unintentionally. Centering yourself in your reply is disrespectful to her and all BBIMPs. Talk about yourself in your own thread.
11:39 PM - Dec 24, 2023

Only followers of this user (mxmnull) can see their posts

Jamie Olson
A
Your reply is the sandpaper she wrote about. Telling her to stop using us and them is the same as saying you don't see color, and policing her language. Please, see that and move on.
11:35 PM - Dec 24, 2023 (Edited)
André Ware
A
There's nothing, N-O-T-H-I-N-G!, in your everyday lived experiences that equates with the everyday lived experiences of BBIMP folks. btw, don't try to elevate "just be" by dismissing the reality & destructive impact of "white privilege" instituted divides in this country. That's why we're HERE!
11:28 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to André Ware.
That’s funny. You don’t know me. You don’t know anything about what I’ve gone through in my life to get to where I am.

Yet, there you sit, behind a keyboard, trying to tell me that I’m “privileged” and don’t know struggle… because of the color of my skin, and my gender?

Okay. Who is the racist?
10:50 PM - Dec 24, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
You are stepping right into the dismissive patronizing stance that the author is trying to illuminate. Have you experienced the level of mistrust that arises from being in an oppressed group in a white supremacist patriarchal culture ? It is not your birthright to be trusted, it must be earned.
11:09 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
I’ve been on the other side, where I was the person that stuck out like a sore thumb.

I’ve been profiled and harassed by police because of the way I looked.

Maybe I’m the rarity because I don’t give a damn about anything except how someone treats me.

I can only be me. I try to be good.
10:57 PM - Dec 24, 2023
Joan H
A
Unfortunately, I am not sure you quite understood the message. Correcting what the author is saying is in itself “using sandpaper,” like the author analogizes.
11:08 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Muriel Vieux
A
Yeah there is an us and them... i wonder who created that?
As for the "language within" it's truth's language.
Not a language many like or speak.
07:32 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
Accepting that logic is defeating the purpose.

I’m not ever going to say that I am not guilty of judging someone at first glance. I do it all the time.

But then I stop and think about how many diverse people I’ve been lucky to meet, and remember… they are just like me.

They want to be….
07:45 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Joe JustUs
A
Inyore enbesil sa a

I’m blocking him now.
11:26 PM - Dec 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}