Christopher Bouzy
A
Helping people break the addiction of daily drama and wanting to "dunk" on others for engagement. Contrary to what people say, many are still on Twitter because they are addicted to the drama and toxicity.
King Lavender-licous @BMWillz
@cbouzy good morning!

What experience(s) has proven to be more difficult than anticipated operating Spoutible?
06:38 AM - Jan 14, 2024
07:01 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Amy Brooks
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I completely agree… In the 90s it was talk shows for the drama… Now it’s social media
06:37 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
I'm here for the meatloaf drama. Is that a bad thing? (I put it in a sandwich for you, Mr. Bouzy -- you *might* like it that way... )
12:37 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Ground Control
A
Exactly this, sir. I'd add that most SM platforms, be it the dead bird or YouTube comment sections, operate by the same dynamics. Wish we could blame it all on the Muskrat, Zuck and/or Mr. Bluesky, but it's in too much of the foundational DNA.
12:33 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Amy Magnus
A
The ratio business on Twitter created a culture where commenting on a tweet was a negative…squashing conversations.

I remember blocking a couple of WW scholars after witnessing them target black and brown academics in other cultures…shaming them for being uninterested in some American controversy.
08:45 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
I'll say it again. The adrenaline boost associated with tense drama, particularly involving some kind of domination over or winning against someone, is not the same as the inner peace and content that characterizes true happiness. So many people confuse the two.
08:44 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Nick Carmody has written about the dopamine role in such matters generally (and I think is working on a book that might be available this year). I wonder how that fits relative to adrenaline.

To piggyback/expand: there are "inner peace" ways to produce dopamine. (And other ways for adrenaline too.)
08:11 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
If Spoutible was a live, in-person neighborhood:
Most of this community greets one another over the fence during the day, with their beverage of choice and a kind word, personal news, and/or friendly discussion of current events; a few walk to that fence and immediately try to punch their neighbor.
08:37 AM - Jan 14, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
😒R@nd Paul is our neighbor?
10:56 AM - Jan 14, 2024

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Cyndi Brown
A
I was "dunked" on for things I said the first few months I was here. I was wrong and I learned. None of it was a vag pic. Never even thought of sending genitalia as a response. I've been a little busy with the business of death lately but still blocked that sender.
08:24 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
100% It really is like an addiction. I described it in similar terms in the past.
08:05 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Ennis Cole
A
⬆️
07:06 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Francy NOT Fancy
A
I won't be #ragebaited under the guise of queries.
07:06 AM - Jan 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}