SoundNFury
A
thread 1/2
Probably unpopular opinion, but...

I don't trust Jon Stewart.

I don't trust anybody who says "not all trump supporters are racist." Which he did.

Of course, that was 8 years ago.

BUT...To anyone paying attention, MAGA was always about white supremacy and racism.
03:27 PM - Jan 24, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/2
For reference:

Jon Stewart rejects suggestion Donald Trump voters are racists | The Independent | The Independent
03:32 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Jack Handy
A
In his defense, no one really knew what the Trump agenda was about 8 years ago. We didn't really find out until he got in there. That said, in order to not be a racist and be a trump supporter you have to have an extremely large blind spot.
In response to SoundNFury.
03:36 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Tracy Rose-Erickson
A
In response to Jack Handy.
I believe Jon Stewart didn’t think everyone who voted for TFG was racist. I didn’t either. I knew what a maggot trump is and always was. Many had no clue. There’s stupid people in our country who just can’t think. Stewart probably faced his error same as me. I am painfully aware how wrong I was.
08:12 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
Speak for yourself and willful ignorance is not defensible.
06:57 PM - Jan 24, 2024
9Gen
A
In his FUCKING defense? Do you even hear yourself right now?
06:55 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Martini C
A
People who knew he lied about President Obama being an American knew.
Many people were repulsed by him. The people who made excuses for him were excited by his cruelty and beauty.
04:39 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Melissa
B
I am a 60 year old woman from Iowa... I totally knew!! I lost friends and family over it.
04:33 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Jack Handy
A
In response to Melissa.
As did I. We were paying attention. A lot of people weren't.
04:34 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to Melissa.
My even-older-than-that yt ex MIL in the Midwest knew too. She has RAILED against that... "man" for years. (And I absolutely adore her for it!!)
06:29 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
Bullshirt

ANYONE who was paying even the slightest attention knew Trump was an extremely bad person, candidate, and threat.

We didn't know how big, but that's like not knowing if the incoming Russian missile is a single-warhead RS-20A or a 10-warhead RS-20B

Ignorance is no excuse
just don't
04:16 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Ethical Atheist
A
Anyone who didn't know wasn't paying attention.

And Jon "NY" Stewart knew exactly who Trump was the whole time.
04:08 PM - Jan 24, 2024
bronxelf
A
Untrue, full stop. MANY people in NYC warned people not to listen to this asshole at every conceivable volume. I screamed about *EXACTLY* what he was, who he was, and what he would do if elected starting from the moment he started bleating about running in a serious way.
03:53 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
If this was even remotely true, he should've been disqualified simply for that fact. To not have a plan and still be given the highest position in the US. Make that make sense.

And he did and we knew. Just because some refused to see doesn't mean he didn't telegraph his intentions.
03:53 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Michigander
A
GIF: Jessica Jones rolling her eyes and dropping her head down.
03:50 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Uh yeah we did.

That you chose to ignore what he said or took him "seriously, not literally" is on you.

It was ALL THERE. Pretending it wasn't doesn't absolve him or you.
03:48 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Jack Handy
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I didn't. Read what I wrote a little more carefully. I've despised that POS since the eighties
04:05 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Some of us were paying attention and knew exactly who that racist rapist was
03:41 PM - Jan 24, 2024
SoundNFury
A
Nah.

We knew perfectly well.
03:36 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Rian Miller
A
In response to SoundNFury.
I can understand your unpopular opinion. I don't think it's fair at all to say everyone should have known what he would do. Some people were spot on and I wish more people would have listened. But hindsight is very easy to have later. It's not cool to write off everyone who didn't understand. Imo.
03:47 PM - Jan 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}