Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Synthaholic
A
Saying "all white people are racist" reveals your racism. Making general accusations against any entire race is ignorance, racism and/or bigotry.
In response to ManKillah Fruitface.
07:45 PM - Jan 25, 2024
glinyx
A
In response to Synthaholic.
Racism is a euphemism so that white people don't have to be reminded that our own internalised white bias and white supremacy is being (appropriately) critiqued.
04:34 PM - Jan 26, 2024
ecsbrooklyn
A
All white people have both benefited from racism and been raised in a racist society; all of us are racist even if we are trying every day to fight it. You're either just digging a hole because you can't stand to be wrong--even if you are--or you're playing. Better to listen more and talk less.
11:15 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Mc Crispy
A
1/ First off, white isn't a race.

Kace is absolutely correct. We of the melanemic persuasion ALL have racist tropes, ideologies, and biases, baked in. Every one of us.

Some of us work to overcome them, and some of us double down.

So now the question is, why did you feel personally attacked by
09:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
Why do you think I feel personally attacked just because I'm correcting a bigoted statement?
09:53 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Thorn Among Roses
A
In response to Mc Crispy.
As an older, female mayosapien, I can clearly remember my grandparents using the N word. My grandmother did until I asked her not to (I was a mouthy teen). I *thought* I'd always stood up/stood strong for people who look different than me. /1
12:03 AM - Jan 26, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
Uh, no.
All the nopes.

For the umpteenth time:

Racism is bias (unconscious or purposeful) plus power.

Marginalized groups do not have power. They may be biased, but not racist.
09:50 PM - Jan 25, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Lord, help me with this one. Poor thing just doesn't get it. 🤦🏾‍♀
09:30 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
Correct. I do not "get" making blanket statements about entire races.
09:46 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Jeannie (she/her)
A
Yes, we are. We've been raised with privilege, and we've all benefited from systemic racism, which means we've learned all our lives that we're better than others. It's basically built in.
I'm willing to admit my biases, and I'm willing to listen to others. I don't want to be part of the problem.
09:30 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
(Kelly Clarkson stare and blink)
09:20 PM - Jan 25, 2024

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Annie Bee Good
A
If you don't recognize how the system bakes racism & unconscious bias into even the nicest of white people then we'll never be able overcome the pervasive nature of racism. It starts with us.
08:20 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
That's a different argument than "all whites are racist", which is a disgusting stereotype.
09:48 PM - Jan 25, 2024
9Gen
A
It's actually just stating a fact. You don't have to like it. Hell, you don't even need to acknowledge it. Changes nary a thing. Facts are facts. Sooner you do acknowledge it, sooner you get to work at least pretending to be an anti-racist.
08:18 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
In response to 9Gen.
Just because you say it's a fact doesn't make it a fact.
09:48 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Fuzzy Soft
A
White people are benefactors of privilege. Racism is a built-in component when one race is favored over another.
07:48 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Synthaholic
A
In response to Fuzzy Soft.
Yes they are. That's a different argument than "all white people are racists", which is a deplorable thing to state. It's no different than saying "all Far East Asians are good at math".
09:51 PM - Jan 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}