Peter Linton
A
This is infuriatingly privileged thing to say.
If life likens to a poker game, whether you fold, call, or raise is determined by the cards you are dealt & THAT (emphasis) is something you have no control over. (Is it fate?) Hence generational wealth &/or poverty exists no matter what one chooses.
Linda Eisenstein @LindaEisenstein
#Spoutories #tough

In poker we say “better lucky than good” but in fact your fate is often decided by making tough decisions, then accepting the consequences. Do you fold, call, reraise, or go all-in against an opponent who is bullying with a big chip stack? Your tournament life may be at stake.
11:13 AM - Feb 29, 2024
10:34 PM - Mar 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Peter Linton.
It’s never too late to shelve your ego and just offer a sincere apology.
02:16 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Tricia
A
Peter, she is not comparing poker to life. She's specifically speaking about playing poker because she is a poker player. An apology is in order for you being mistaken. You not apologizing would be infuriatingly privileged on your part.
01:58 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Phred
A
Peter - ‘Spoutories’ are tiny blurbs written with no context. It’s mainly practice for writers. If you click on the hashtag, you will see all sorts of short blurbs on many topics. This particular blurb looks like a personal experience with poker.
01:32 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Kirk Taylor
A
Check the hashtag, Pete
12:58 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
It's a privilege to afford playing poker tournaments where you can win sums of money through a combo of skill & luck.

I can see your objection to it as metaphor. However I was being stone literal here, as playing poker is how I earn retirement income. This is what I navigate on any given weekend.
12:11 PM - Mar 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}