Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
My son and all his friends are Gen Z and they do grumble abt some things abt the Biden admin. And many are legit.

But you know what else? He's not stupid. He lived through the Trump years & didn't like it one bit! So you know what he'll be doing in Nov?

Voting Biden/Harris. With his friends.
Steve Rinehart @Radar323
No, *I* will vote for President Biden because he's the best option available.

But apparently you don't deal with Gen Z much, because a lot of them *do* have that attitude.

We'll see if you still feel the same if President Biden loses because he doesn't get that vote.
02:35 PM - Mar 03, 2024
04:13 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Drew Milroy
A
In response to Chris Young (he/his/him).
Why must we accept Biden as is right now? It’s a long time until Election Day. This Boomer suggests withholding endorsements, $ & GOTV. Until he declares climate & biodiversity emergencies, agrees to deny all future fuel permits, stops aid to Israel until it stops killing/starts feeding Gazans, etc.
06:04 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
In response to Drew Milroy.
My Silent Generation aunt, at her 80 birthday party today asked me why the DNC isn't putting up another candidate. She is a lifelong Dem. These conversations are happening across the country.
07:32 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
In response to Hobo Poet.
Just how white is your aunt?

1. He is a very good president with tons of amazing accomplishments after taking over a fed govt in shambles

2. He's a 1st term incumbent

3. He has an eminently qualified VP

4. Anyone else would lose to Trump

ANYONE ELSE WOULD LOSE TO TRUMP!
07:58 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
As white as you, except she has been working poor her whole life & raised by immigrants. She also fought for basic economic and healthcare rights to see them stripped away. So I'll tell her that, another white man thinks that her concerns aren't something she should worry her pretty head over.
08:06 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
And throwing the election to a fascist would help her?

But do go on and ignore everything else I wrote.
08:13 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
I don't need to acknowledge your opinion. You aren't seeing the point. These are real fears and questions that voters have. If they aren't addressed, we are looking at a repeat of 2016. The DNC was blindsided, we need that not to happen again.
08:16 PM - Mar 03, 2024
E Z
A
Who is your alternative candidate in the next months? If not the incumbent?
Who is your Boomer-80 relative most concerned for?
Themself? Or seven generations of children coming in the future?
Who is her pony in the 2024 GE?
08:37 PM - Mar 03, 2024
RA
A
In response to E Z.
And if an 80 year old voter's opinion is valid, why is Biden "too old" to be a competent President? As usual, there are an endless number of holes in these arguments.
08:40 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
In response to RA.
You don't see a difference between voting and leading The United States of America?
08:44 PM - Mar 03, 2024
RA
A
I was referring to YOUR choice to give one elder respect and to dismiss another. I know Biden can run the country just fine. He's doing it already.
08:46 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
In response to RA.
Considering someone's ability to do a job, when you are hiring them, is not disrespectful, it's your job as a voter.
08:50 PM - Mar 03, 2024
RA
A
This isn't a serious argument when the only other person being considered for the job is Donald Trump. Besides, we aren't hiring Biden. He is already doing the job. 🙄
08:54 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
We are very much hiring him, if we weren't Trump would still be President. He was hired once, and we, the voters decided to not hire him again. That's how Democracy works. Until it doesn't. Which it won't if this administration doesn't figure out how to speak to the many that have grave concerns.
In response to RA.
08:57 PM - Mar 03, 2024
RA
A
Funny that you're worried about democracy but working against Biden.
08:58 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
In response to RA.
My talking about a conversation that I had with my Silent Generation/lifelong Dem aunt, is working against Biden? If having an honest conversation about voters concerns during an election year, is working against the candidate we are in worse trouble than I realized.
09:00 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}