Dad The Geek
A
I just read an article about a family of 6- wife, husband, and 4 children- that can’t afford olive oil and bread.

I’m all “boo-effing-hoo” and wondering why they chose to have 4 children when they can’t afford it?

Make it make sense?
10:17 PM - Mar 28, 2024
David James
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
Maybe, just maybe, they had the four kids when the family had a decent wage coming in, and now they have hit hard times? In the current economic climate, it can happen to the best people.
10:59 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
In response to David James.
I can almost guarantee that the people in question never actually raised their kids. They paid for daycare so they could both work.

If you cannot afford to raise your own kids, then stop having kids?
11:09 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
Dude.......
08:36 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Cyndi Brown she/her.
I’m sorry, but I went into bankruptcy after my second child. We went down to one income because we were adamant that nobody else was going to raise our children.

It sucked, but it was the correct thing to do. Having any other offspring after that would’ve been irresponsible, right?
08:32 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
Maybe in your case. Not everyone's. I've been through it as well. As I've gotten older I've gotten less judgemental. No two cases are the same.
07:43 AM - Apr 03, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
I’m pragmatic and logical. I tried to convince my wife to wait for the second kid, but she was pretty adamant that they should be close in age. Her sister is 7 years older, so I get that.

It worked out just fine overall.

I always knew that it was our choice. Nobody else’s fault, just ours.
09:30 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
My sister was 14 years younger. I pretty much raised her. She and her two year old son were killed in a pedestrian accident in 1990. I still miss them both dearly.
07:35 AM - Apr 06, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
That’s heartbreaking!

One of my older brothers (I’m the runt) was who I looked up to for many years.

He died a couple years ago from a pulmonary embolism due to Covid. He was so smart but turned into one of the conspiracy crazies, and I can’t understand how it happened.
07:37 PM - Apr 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}