Myra Faye Turner
A
thread 1/2
White privilege is the reason Black folks come in so many different shades. White men raping my enslaved ancestors is the epitome of white male privilege. And the white women who stood by and watched it happen, well...
Gala Williams @Galathesinner900
Also like to add ..
Sleeping with a person of color or having kids with a person of color does NOT change your white privilege.

Y’all are dismissed 🛎️
07:43 AM - Apr 18, 2024
11:03 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
thread 2/2
Fuck you Thomas Jefferson
11:07 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Candace Brent
A
Not dismissing but remember white.women were chattle with no agency. No money.no vote and the only power they received was through the white men. Either her husband or her father were in control of her.
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
11:17 AM - Apr 18, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to Candace Brent.
OMG
And don't NAWP ever. Especially when you've come onto a Black woman's timeline to debate her lived experience.
03:25 PM - Apr 18, 2024 (Edited)
Denise R
A
I’m late to the conversation; but WOW. Do you even realize what you’ve said? It is a perfect example of being privileged and out of touch. IJS. I hope you learn something of value from the comments addressed to you, but IDK. I’m sort of doubtful. 🫤
12:33 PM - Apr 18, 2024
ecsbrooklyn
A
You are totally dismissing here. This is possibly the worst "not all white women" I've ever seen. This is "not all white women" and "not our fault."

NOPE.
12:29 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Candace Brent
A
In response to ecsbrooklyn.
Nope not at all "not all white people " just statement of facts. I come here to learn and challenge my own perspective. I fought for All women throughout my life so I just wanted to point out facts. I know black women have had to struggle on both the sexist BS AND the racist BS...
07:05 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Rosetta
A
1/2 The audacity you had to post this. You obviously don’t know the history of white women & the people they enslaved. Many times they provided the worst treatment of enslaved as compared to their husbands - like smashing in the heads of enslaved newborns who were fathered by their husbands or
12:20 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Rosetta.
2/2 having their husband’s forced “bed warmer” tortured on a daily basis. I strongly suggest you read the book “They Were Her Property” by Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers to educate yourself on this subject.
12:23 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
Not the time or place for this. You wanna talk about how 'bad' white women had it in a plantation house with dozens of slaves to do most of the work while she sat and embroidered? Just because she couldn't vote or have much of a say? Do that on your own spout.
12:06 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Tracy I
A
But you ARE dismissing though, please choose a white woman’s timeline to discuss this. You are way off topic.
12:06 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Tricia
A
Dear white women - again we have to remind ourselves that coming onto a Black woman's timeline about enslavement to white woman explain about how bad white women had it during those times is abusive, dismissive, and diminishes this Black woman's TRUTH. DO BETTER.
11:57 AM - Apr 18, 2024 (Edited)
Sal E
A
In response to Tricia.
Also, read this book for some additional perspective. Pretty sure someone here recommended it back last year. There's a lot to sit with as a white woman who hopes I would have done better, but, well, huge swaths did not.
12:03 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
Bullshit
11:40 AM - Apr 18, 2024

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Candace Brent
A
In response to That's all folks.
Point taken. I think sometimes we don't realize we can alienate allies with broad condemnations.
11:35 AM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}