Myra Faye Turner
A
thread 1/2
White privilege is the reason Black folks come in so many different shades. White men raping my enslaved ancestors is the epitome of white male privilege. And the white women who stood by and watched it happen, well...
Gala Williams @Galathesinner900
Also like to add ..
Sleeping with a person of color or having kids with a person of color does NOT change your white privilege.

Y’all are dismissed 🛎️
07:43 AM - Apr 18, 2024
11:03 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
thread 2/2
Fuck you Thomas Jefferson
11:07 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Candace Brent
A
Point taken. I think sometimes we don't realize we can alienate allies with broad condemnations.
In response to That's all folks.
11:35 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Martini C
A
In response to Candace Brent.
I think it's important to realise that there was a huge price paid by others when many white women affirmed the abuse, sadism and cruelty perpetuated by the white men in their lives.
01:27 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Candace Brent
A
In response to Martini C.
Absolutely. No one gets a free pass and no one knows what path brought them here
06:48 AM - Apr 19, 2024
ecsbrooklyn
A
Who doesn't realize? Are you saying that Black people alienate white supporters by speaking the truth?

We can't just call ourselves allies. We need to prove it by hearing what the people we claim to support are saying, then learn from it, and then act on it. Consistently. And keep working on it.
12:27 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Kevin Kretsch
A
What?! If you're actually saying what that sounds like, a sure sign of white privilege (and fragility) is asking others to temper their language to avoid alienating people who could not be alienated if they truly were allies.
12:18 PM - Apr 18, 2024
André Ware
A
If you can be so easily alienated because you choose to be offended by a Black person's accurate critique of historical events, you were never an ally to begin with. Center yourself on that.
12:12 PM - Apr 18, 2024

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}