Only accounts this user (Happy4uuu) follows can see their posts

Craig Tyler
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
I’m pretty introverted. Before I have to speak, I map out what I want to say, what I want them to think about. And then I write down bullet points. It’s easier with PowerPoint but it works well with cards too.
12:15 AM - May 10, 2024 (Edited)
Debbie Lu
A
I was a shy kid & preferred writing and staying in the background. I changed careers in my 30s & landed square in the public eye. Public speaking and media interviews etc. are part of my job - the shy kid is still there and over prepares every time but its now pretty much routine.
09:00 PM - May 09, 2024

Only followers of this user (Happy4uuu) can see their posts

James Winter ( jmão )
A
Both, I have been public speaking since 1986.. I was almost 12.
08:44 PM - May 09, 2024

Frank W.
A
Know your topic cold. Practice with a friendly audience. Start with stuffed animals or your pets if you need to. Move on to close friends and family (have them occasionally interrupt or ask questions) and keep pushing yourself from there.
07:43 PM - May 09, 2024
Max Prophet
A
I'm an introvert. But then I have a long history during my public school years of theatrical participation And public speaking competitions club called forensics. Now I fall back on that old person trait that embarrasses youngsters. IDGAF. The attitude is very helpful to get through public speaking
07:40 PM - May 09, 2024
Whoa
A
I don't feel like I'm particularly adept at either. I don't really like public speaking or presenting to large groups, but I have done it enough that I can usually do it with only mild anxiety.
07:38 PM - May 09, 2024
dmark
A
I learned to become a confident speaker (40 years of retail sales and management).
I am not a confident writer but I find myself to be a decent editor. If I go over my writing enough, it’s acceptable.
07:29 PM - May 09, 2024
Star Wars Cats
A
Depends on the situation for me. I’m confident with both speaking and writing on a professional level as it’s all logical and technical based. Socially, it’s neither.
07:29 PM - May 09, 2024
Shawn Scott
A
I am an introvert. My job asked a lot of me with explaining new tech to C- suite type people which gave me such anxiety. I discovered Rotary Club public speaking training and it created such a sense of confidence and accomplishment for me.
06:53 PM - May 09, 2024

Nell Minow
A
As with everything, there's a lot of scatter in the way people respond to different situations and what scares them, what they find funny, what they like on pizza....I happen to have been born without whatever synapse makes people nervous about public speaking. I rarely get nervous and I enjoy it.
06:51 PM - May 09, 2024

Mama Bear
A
Fellow introvert here. If you mean giving speeches, you couldn't pay me enough. In social situations, which I don't enjoy, I learned to slow down when I talk, and to ask questions and mostly listen.
06:49 PM - May 09, 2024
Lil
A
I'm an introvert.
I'm confident in public speaking or things like board meetings unless I'm being recorded (audio bad, video worse).
I'm not confident in social interactions like a party.
I guess I'm confident in writing, although I make grammatical errors. I don't enjoy the act/process of writing.
06:47 PM - May 09, 2024
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
I write very Confidently but public speaking is very much a matter of practice for me and that has built my confidence
06:46 PM - May 09, 2024

James O'Shea
A
I'm better in writing, but then I'm not a good writer either.
06:44 PM - May 09, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I am confident in both areas.
06:40 PM - May 09, 2024

Gary Gegan
A
I have a very difficult time speaking or performing before a crowd. That's why I stopped playing live gigs and became a studio musician. Got tired of throwing up before work every night.
06:33 PM - May 09, 2024
Tony
A
At 19 found it hard to even answer a telephone. At 23 in a job where I had to talk to groups & I regularly melted down, by 27/28 I had to talk to groups everyday, it got better, by34 I could quite easily present ideas to groups. I still find large groups difficult. But it just takes practice & time.
06:22 PM - May 09, 2024
Maxwell Mercy
A
In response to Tony.
Yessir. Public speaking is easier than mingling
06:26 PM - May 09, 2024

Maxwell Mercy
A
I feel confident about both. Also introvert, I found my footing giving presentations since I was the only one speaking
05:58 PM - May 09, 2024

Reginald Capers
A
Both here!
05:49 PM - May 09, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
In the class room, I am extremely confident almost 26 years as teacher, I am usually nervous to speak (once I warm up) it’s on🥰
05:32 PM - May 09, 2024
Creative AF (She/Her)
A
I am not confident in either!
05:29 PM - May 09, 2024

SLS StickFigure
A
[crawls into a corner and starts mumbling nonsensical nonsense] and at times I write a wee bit.
05:28 PM - May 09, 2024
Donna Frahmann
A
I'm confident as a writer because (a) I love doing it, and (b) I have time to think about what I want to say.

But as for speaking? Ain't NO confidence there! Exception: I can narrate a PowerPoint presentation (no camera) just fine, and have fun with it. Add a camera, and I freeze.
05:25 PM - May 09, 2024
Rosetta
A
I’m the same way. I’m very confident communicating through writing. I get extremely anxious speaking which causes me to lose my train of thought and I freeze up.
05:24 PM - May 09, 2024

Betty McNiel
A
In response to Rosetta.
Same, it’s a biological response-dry mouth, etc. I hate and avoid it at all costs. Oddly, though. I’m ok when reading something written by someone else, and I enjoyed acting in plays in HS.
07:39 PM - May 09, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Not at all. I used to stutter pretty bad especially standing in front of any crowd, including elementary school. Still do if angry or provoked. Still sometimes find myself tapping a foot to have certain sounds come out without stuttering. Speech therapist taught me that trick.
05:23 PM - May 09, 2024
Drea
A
I want to say both. However I’m more a competent speaker over confident. Unless it’s a passion topic.
05:21 PM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}