sabaceanbabe
A
Good morning! I'd like to connect with writers here on Spoutible. I'm just starting my journey to publication, working on my first novel, although I've been writing for years (SabaceanBabe on AO3, too).

Please, tell me what you're working on and if you've published anything. #WritingCommunity
10:40 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Ben East
A
In response to sabaceanbabe.
In my day job I’m a Writing Support tutor for NYU’s London campus, but my own adult efforts are limited to a few ridiculous little quirky Gothic picture books, which you can find at bit.ly/BEasties
Good luck with the novel!
05:04 AM - Mar 22, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Ben East.
Thank you so much for the well wishes and especially for the link to your books!
01:33 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Matlock
A
Well usually I write for theatre. I have a script that I'm trying to get out there, though there's still not a lot of openings since COVID. I also write under my handle on AO3.
11:34 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Matlock.
Hang in there.

I'll check out your fic. Thank you!
11:58 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Procrastinaticus Rex
A
I generally write action/scifi. Currently, I have 2 WIPs. One is my 4th book that's basically space pirates with rum and eldritch creatures. The other is scifi about a planet hopping thief who's not very good and gets hooked up with a dead Ranger and kind of starts taking on the mantle.
11:23 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Procrastinaticus Rex.
Those both sound fun!

You said you've written four. Have any of them been published?
12:00 PM - Feb 07, 2023
LeslieSimmonsWrites
A
I’m working on a memoir about breaking free from perfectionism.
11:20 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to LeslieSimmonsWrites.
Wow! Very cool. Perfectionism can be deadly to a lot of things.
12:01 PM - Feb 07, 2023
Miss V
A
Hi! I'm a freelance pop culture writer but after many years away, I'm about to start writing a dark fantasy novel!
10:47 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Miss V.
Nice!
10:50 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Long Haul Voter - Tasha
A
Working on a story for an anthology, not published …YET! 🤞🏽
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Long Haul Voter - Tasha.
Go, you! What anthology?
10:52 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
#amwriting a space opera with lots of inspiration, everything from Farscape to Firefly to Chronicles of the Cheysuli to Star Wars to Star Trek to... well, you get the idea.

Logline: Catapulted to the other side of the universe, a stubborn scientist must survive long enough to find her way home.
10:45 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Jerrybme
A
I’d like to connect with other writers as well. I’m doing a rewrite on a novel I wrote over 20 years ago. I’m retired now so I have the time and energy. Haven’t published anything yet but will be trying once the rewrite/editing is doing. ( Is editing ever done?). It’s a supernatural thriller.
10:45 AM - Feb 07, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Jerrybme.
That sounds awesome! I'm not retired yet, but I'll be writing full time when I do, which will (I hope) be just another couple of years.

I bet it's pretty interesting editing something you wrote when you were a different person. A lot of things change in 20 years.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}