Scarab Rose
A
Hey first and second wave spouters, I would like to know your thoughts. I am wondering if it might be time for me to start screening followers and only accept followers who have spouted, but I am concerned it will change the tone of spoutible. Has anyone recently decided to do this?
09:39 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Sharon Stiles
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
At the moment I'm only following people who have spouted. I'm being selective at the moment as there is no way to curate posts and I don't want to be snowed under. That may change when we have a way of organising spouters.
06:43 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Sharon Stiles.
Thanks for responding. That's close to what I'm doing. I am hoping there will be multiple ways we can sort through followers later on, as well as people we follow.
07:06 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar
A
I follow back if people have at least a few original (i.e., non-echo) spouts or if they quote-echo instead of just reposting without comment.
12:29 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
I started off following back everyone, but now will follow back only if they've spouted and their bio doesn't have any red flags. I make a point of going back through every few days and add in anyone who started spouting.
12:19 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Barbara Seiders.
That's pretty much the same for me. At this point I can only go back so far, though, to check cos of time. I am hoping, someday, that we can filter that out and make checking back easier. Thanks for responding!
12:24 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
Follow back everyone
12:10 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Vinnie Blair Sussex Squad
B
In response to Vuyelwa Ncube.
I don't believe in screening people who do not post a lot or at all. For some, it takes time to get into posting. There was a time when I just loved reading about the things I was interested in. Also, I prefer people who remain silent rather than spout off a lot of nonsense,
04:14 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Tom Sawyer
B
I need to remind myself to actually open Spoutible and to use it more often than I do that bird site. I think as soon as I post this comment, I'm going to create an icon on my phone for it, so it shows up when I open my 'Social Media' folder on the phone. Tomorrow I'll do the same with my tablet.
02:47 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Tom Sawyer.
I hardly ever go to the bird now. There are a few people I check on there but I locked my account there. For spoutible, I keep the browser tab open on my phone. :)
10:51 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Nikolai_Raven
A
I haven't. But I do look at profiles of people who follow me to see if they Spout.

I just don't want my information clogged by inactive profiles.
10:30 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Nikolai_Raven.
Yeah, I don't follow back unless they are active, either. Someone else pointed out how time consuming it would be to screen evey follower to approve them, which made sense too. Thanks!
11:00 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Diana
A
I don't screen my followers - I've tried that and it's too time consuming. I do limit my follow backs to accounts that have something in their bio at least. I prefer if they have also spouted, or even just liked some stuff.
09:40 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to Diana.
Agree. Let anyone follow unless they become a problem. But follow folks who post things you find interesting (and don’t repeat content you already get).
09:54 PM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}