4/5/23- NC Rep Tricia Cotham (D) announces a party switch to R

3/17/23- LA Rep Francis Thomas (D) announces party switch to R

12/9/22- AZ Rep Kristen Sinema (D) announces party switch to Independent

12/1/22- WV Rep Glenn Jeffries (D) announces party switch to R
09:58 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Dan Reeser
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
We had a Dem primary in MT a while back for a House Rep. One of the guys was an 80yo Republican. He was so old his old GOP views actually matched present day Dems. But he was honest about it, which helped. He didn't win.
10:46 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Sinema is not a representative- she's a Senator. She also did not switch shortly after being elected, although since she's sabotaged the Democratic Party the entire time she's held her Senate seat, that doesn't really mitigate what a fraud she is.
02:24 AM - Oct 30, 2023
MudDauber
A
What needs to happen is the states pass their own laws disqualifying party switching after they've been elected. We can't depend on DC to do it at the federal level.
12:15 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
None of this is accidental or by chance...it is intentional. This is the GOP's new form of gerrymandering. There must be legislation passed to prevent this from happening.
07:12 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Vee a lot of everything Happened.
You are absolutely right. The only way that could possibly happen, though, is if we retake the House and gain seats in the Senate in 2024. Short of that, there is no way any legislation brought forward to address this would pass a GOP-led House.
12:02 PM - May 18, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
This is the Republicans latest and greatest gerrymandering tool that they are utilizing to take blue and purple districts that a Republican can't get elected in. Legislation must be put into place that prevents a party switch until term they were elected for is served.
04:49 PM - Apr 17, 2023
mojocrossfit
A
Can we prove that these were republicans to begin with? People donated to them thinking they were democrats, isn’t that wire fraud?
03:29 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to mojocrossfit.
We really need some good investigative journalism on this. Since my original post just 10 days ago, yet another Louisiana rep has announced his party switch from D to R.

We clearly are not vetting Dem candidates before adding them to a ballot.

"Vote Blue No Matter Who" does NOT work.
03:56 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Thanatos
A
In response to mojocrossfit.
Frankly, IHMO, if you switch parties, your seat should be vacated and a special election held to fill it. Plain and simple. No backsies!
04:41 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
The MAGA't republicans have no moral compass. They will do anything they can to cheat the Democrats out of honestly won votes. They are not a political party anymore; they are a gang of underhanded cheaters who contribute nothing positive. They have only one goal and that is to "own the Libs".
02:30 PM - Apr 17, 2023

Only followers of this user (Pecriel) can see their posts

Steve Rogers
A
In response to Pauline Criel.
Look at Joe Machen and Kyrsten Sinema. By holding the only majority votes, they shot down almost every important bill that the Democrats sent to the Senate. Sinema defected to the Independant party but don't let her fool you, she can still do serious damage.
02:56 PM - Apr 17, 2023 (Edited)
JayGo VOTE BLUE
A
Now we need to add Louisiana Rep. Jeremy LaCombe who left the Democratic Party and will be registering as a Republican.
01:58 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to JayGo VOTE BLUE.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
02:00 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Joe Wiegert
A
This is such an important aspect of all of this! America was duped by 2016... If people had only listened back then... Folks, DO YOUR RESEARCH. We all know people are too lazy to do their own research, so we MUST blast these tactics in the public eye so that folks are aware of the BAIT & SWITCH.
12:44 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
Senator Sinema is not the same as a Dem switching to Republican. Sinema still almost always votes with Dems, and doesn’t change the balance in the Senate.

She is just more centrist than I am, or you are.

The others you mention *may* indeed be Manchurian Candidates.
12:42 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Jason Peacock
A
These 'defections' just reek of dark money buying up politicians like a jumbo size box of graft at Costco. As many have indicated; the smart move is to follow the $, most of this may lead back to Harlan Crow or his proxies.
12:37 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
Blue no matter who does not work.
12:20 PM - Apr 10, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
@marcelias

Who can you suggest to further investigate this as
potential fraud or other criminal behavior???
02:36 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to TwentyTwentyUSA.
03:57 PM - Apr 08, 2023
De Furr
A
Follow the money. They will profit from the party switch.
01:20 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Chris Puttick
A
Party politics is just noise without a PR system. You want to be elected? Join the party with the most chance in X, go along with the trends in that party's policies and play nice selection/election time
01:16 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Lei Lika
A
Hope they know that only works once
09:09 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Lei Lika.
I'm honestly concerned we no longer have enough investigative resources at either the local or national level to catch this type of activity in time. Is it going to become OUR responsibility as citizens to investigate local candidates?
09:13 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Fiona Bski
A
FL ran fake/ghost candidates to steal votes & it worked. How was that not discovered before it was too late? They got to keep their seats after the scam was discovered 😡
https://www.nbcnews.com/po...
09:07 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Fiona Bski.
I don't doubt at all that there are a lot of things like this happening under the radar that haven't come to light yet. The GOP cannot win unless they cheat, and we all know they lack the moral wherewithal to abide by ethical guidelines and democratic norms.
09:11 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
Yes! I feel the lack of local journalists & newspapers is part of the issue b/c they use to do deep dives on ALL candidates but many lack resources & staff to do this anymore. Wasn’t that the case with Santos? The local paper had some info but not the resources to pursue the story?
07:14 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
You just nailed it. Local news orgs and investigative reporting has taken a huge hit in recent years.

Even MSM is failing to conduct adequate investigative reporting anymore. So we're seeing the result of a failure at both the local and national level but most importantly local.
07:20 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Love Miracles
B
Very important!
03:58 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Jack Threadgill
A
Cotham had previously served 10 years as a Democratic state representative before losing a congressional primary in 2016. She just returned to the state House this year. My theory is she'll run as a Republican for Congress next year after they redraw the districts.
02:13 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Vos Orbis Designs
A
In response to Jack Threadgill.
I sure hope they check her financials as well as other angles to see if she's been bought in some fashion.
04:18 PM - Apr 07, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

jerazo
A
Wtf. These assholes need to resign.
12:40 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Frank G
A
I’m the time of social media and everyone posting every thought every second of the day.

How the flying fcuk did the state Democratic Party not vet these candidates???

JFC
12:07 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Frank G.
I live in District 1 in Suffolk County, NY. The Democratic Party didn’t invest enough in our Congressional candidate in 2022. The Republican guy who won was a Trump sycophant who as far as I know has done NOTHING for our district! A Democrat CAN win here with enough $ support!
12:35 PM - Apr 07, 2023
April ZinniaHouse
A
I can't help but think this is a failure of State party leadership.
12:05 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Doubtrageous
A
Sinema started as a Green war protestor. Not sure how deep the background would have needed to go to discover she just wants money and power.
11:48 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Carla Vivarttas
B
In response to Doubtrageous.
She looks like Tinkerbell.
09:34 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
In response to Doubtrageous.
You can't prevent a Sinema but the more adamant leftists we vote for the less likely it'll be that they'll flip. Moderates and centrists who worship bipartisanship over justice are halfway there anyway.
12:23 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Hunter1976
B
Vote Blue No Matter Who doesn't work? I wish I could say i was surprised.
11:18 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Debbie Nelson
A
It's unconscionable to be put on the ballot by the Dems, to get large amounts of donations from the Dems and Dem consituants, to be voted for by the Dem constituents, then spit in their faces once elected because someone offered them $$$ to switch.
11:10 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
This scheme of deception must be stopped in its tracks, immediately.
10:58 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Mae DiBenedetto
A
They generally get outed before the race is over, but many don’t care. Look at Santos, for example. His conduct was well known but people still voted for him.
10:58 AM - Apr 07, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}